Loki Out of Business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It takes two minutes to get on Facebook or a website to say "we are experiencing significant delays and have to suspend any new orders at this time." or just simply give some updates. Deleting the FB account and going dark on comms is shady....that's not armchair quarterbacking and I don't have to own a business to expect more.

Hope it all works out.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It takes two minutes to get on Facebook or a website to say "we are experiencing significant delays and have to suspend any new orders at this time." or just simply give some updates. Deleting the FB account and going dark on comms is shady....that's not armchair quarterbacking and I don't have to own a business to expect more.

Hope it all works out.

And sometimes it's not as easy as that. There could be any number of reasons why communication goes dark. It could be due to legal reasons, executive reasons due to shareholders, or any number of possibilities. Sometimes a business has no choice but to say nothing even if it hurts them than to give a reason or explanation that result in worse problems in the longrun or give a BS reason. It's not necessarily the right action, but it's sometimes the correct action to take.

The way things ended the last couple of months is ****** for all parties involved for both the business owners and customers who paid and still have not received their products. Was there poor business decisions or practices made? Probably. If you paid for an item and haven't received it yet, then yes you have every right to take action to get those items or money back, if deemed necessary.

Ultimately, only those in the business or close to the business knows what's really going on and why they did what they did.

I hope they're not moving to Arkansas, because I really liked the fact that a firearms manufacturer was based here in OK. Makes sense if they do reorganize there, however, since most of them live there and commute. I wish them the best of luck and hope things resolved amicably for all parties

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably not going to get those 4 lowers. I have a LOKI upper on my gun right now that I love. Got it in the GB we did here. That was over a year ago though.

I just went on their website to try and order a gun, just to see if I could. Yep, definitely still willing to take people's money...

I have several Loki uppers and lowers already. They are very nice. I also went to ther website this morning to see if I could order anything. The fact that you can gives me hope that I may get my lowers someday. I have been waiting on one so that I could build my lower for my 300 blkout and send off for my sbr stamp.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont see why people are still trying to defend these dirtbags. they have been taking money for months and not providing products. if this was anywhere but home everyone would be jumping up and down ready to stomp on their heads. Just because they are based in Oklahoma shouldn't change that.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want a matching Loki lower for my upper. If Loki has shut down maybe I can find someone who's willing to sell one :( I'm a chick, I can't stand having things that don't match *sniffle*

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sang their praises and wasn't compensated for it. I ran a group buy last year and the qualtiy of the uppers for the price couldn't be beat. I've met Erik and spoken to him on numerous occasions and he's a great guy. I remember a phone conversation that lasted a couple hours and we just sort of geeked out about AR15 components and accessories, ideas about new accessories, and the firearms industry in general.

It sucks if they do close down. I hate to see any Oklahoma company close. It's easy for all of us to armchair how things went down with their business, but until you run a business yourself and make payroll, it's hard to understand that sometimes things go down the way not intended. Doesn't make the owner a bad person or a business a bad business. Mistakes happen and in this case means a whole company may shutdown. Would hate to be in their position right now.

When you charge people for products you aren't ready to ship, that's a VERY bad business practice. :(

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I should have stated what else I was told. Like I said this is 2nd hand info but heard they had a fire sale directly from their business around thanksgiving cash and carry.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hope this all gets ironed out an that they right the wrongs.

I will say (will also try to find out more), that I know the father of one of their smiths. He was telling me about 1 1/2-2 months ago that things were going very well for Loki an they were working with a new manufacturer to machine parts for them because they were having such a hard time getting anything from their current source. I don't know if this is the transition time for switching over for them or what, but judging by everyone's current problems with them they have really handled it the wrong way.

Again, I will see what else I can find out tomorrow and report back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom