Long distance archery/bowfishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an old Jennings takedown that I found at a pawn shop. think its about 45#. It has an aluminum riser with a stabilizer mount for a reel mount that works well. I have an old zebco catfish reel full of spider wire on it. I have always used the muzzy points with the carbide tip and seldom have penetration issues, but I rarely take more than a 12 yard shot. I usually just hunt shallow coves and rivers when they are low. I would think 35 yards would be tough but doable at a downward angle with my bow.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an old Jennings takedown that I found at a pawn shop. think its about 45#. It has an aluminum riser with a stabilizer mount for a reel mount that works well. I have an old zebco catfish reel full of spider wire on it. I have always used the muzzy points with the carbide tip and seldom have penetration issues, but I rarely take more than a 12 yard shot. I usually just hunt shallow coves and rivers when they are low. I would think 35 yards would be tough but doable at a downward angle with my bow.

Hmmmm good to know. If you could choose between a recurve and a compound what would it be?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the sammick sage in 40, and it was a pretty affordable bow. I really like it too...

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device.

That's actually one of the recurve bows I was looking at... I'm not too sure what to look for though, I've never actually shot a recurve.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have the sammick sage in 40, and it was a pretty affordable bow. I really like it too...

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device.

That's actually one of the recurve bows I was looking at... I'm not too sure what to look for though, I've never actually shot a recurve.

justin_h635 has the same bow, I've shot it some, it's a smooth bow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom