Long Range Shooting - Just out of the Military and back home in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service. That's a nice rifle. I am a member of Red Castle. The long rang is 600 yds and is always open. There used to be a gong set up the hill to the right of the target butts but it has been removed. Sighting in my sons 1000 yd rifle we set a target stand up close to where the gong used to be. You get about 800 yds doing that. I also would like to find a place for long range shooting and have thought about approaching the sod farm owners near Haskell that have land along the Arkansas river.

Shanerbanner10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be a good idea as well. The place I shot out to a grand was in price it was grand lake ______ _______ land that someone on another forum said was ok to shoot on. It was along side a telephone pole cut out sorta thing. It worked well but was only to about 45 minutes away.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be a good idea as well. The place I shot out to a grand was in price it was grand lake ______ _______ land that someone on another forum said was ok to shoot on. It was along side a telephone pole cut out sorta thing. It worked well but was only to about 45 minutes away.

Is there anything one should watch out for when shooting out there?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes and kind words. I do know of a place or 2 that are about 45min-1hr away to shoot. Was wondering if anyone knew of anything closer. I have considered heading out to the end of 71st st here in BA and asking some of the farmers/ranchers if I could shoot on their land in exchange for a little work on my side or something like that.

I'm a land owner just east of BA on the river lol
We can do up to 550 on my place and well beyond on my buddy next to me. Your welcome to come out if you'd like. We'll be out there Sunday getting our Muzzleloaders ready for next weekend

Shanerbanner10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a land owner just east of BA on the river lol
We can do up to 550 on my place and well beyond on my buddy next to me. Your welcome to come out if you'd like. We'll be out there Sunday getting our Muzzleloaders ready for next weekend

Sir, done and done!! Shoot me a message and we'll set this up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom