Looking for a new Church.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of different choices available. The new large churches are doing well because they aren't the same old thing that we grew up with. The "old fashioned" churches were in decline (attendance). Just remember that this is not a "big church vs. small church" or "us vs. them", we are all on the same team here. Find a church that works for you and teaches the bible...not some interpretation of it.

I attend Lifechurch and there are small groups that meet every day of the week. If you choose to try Lifechurch look for Lifegroups. With Lifechurch I have found that each campus has it's own "personality". The Lifegroups are all different too. Try a couple of different ones until you find one you like.

There is nothing wrong with not liking everything about a church. If we all liked the same thing there would be only one church.

SDS

arkmark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
my church probably can't beat up yours, but anyone that is looking for a church home is more than welcome to come check us out. We have contemporary worship, and a great pastor that will gladly sit and meet with you for lunch or a cup of coffee. Generations Church, Guthrie Ok. you can find us Facebook. Sun. service starts at 10am 2524 west noble ave, in guthrie.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out Riverview Baptist Church at 132nd and Memorial in Bixby. As a matter of fact, come out tonight for the Super Bowl and Chili cook off. Things get started around 5 and will be in the building just north of the funeral home. Ask for Russell when you get there.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of different choices available. The new large churches are doing well because they aren't the same old thing that we grew up with. The "old fashioned" churches were in decline (attendance). Just remember that this is not a "big church vs. small church" or "us vs. them", we are all on the same team here. Find a church that works for you and teaches the bible...not some interpretation of it.
(snip)
There is nothing wrong with not liking everything about a church. If we all liked the same thing there would be only one church.

SDS

+1000.

Very well said, brother.

ConstantChange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I attend Lifechurch and there are small groups that meet every day of the week. If you choose to try Lifechurch look for Lifegroups. With Lifechurch I have found that each campus has it's own "personality". The Lifegroups are all different too. Try a couple of different ones until you find one you like.

I like Lifechurch and still watch the service online at times, but I find the Lifegroups harder to attend for this reason. Normally, you get to know your group at church or in Sunday school and then you go to someones house for small group. With Lifegroups, you don't really know anyone and meet them initially at someones house. I'm not as comfortable with that. I tried it once (6 years ago) and it wasn't a good experience. The group was more concerned with what bar they were going to hit after the meeting than the bible study.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Lifechurch and still watch the service online at times, but I find the Lifegroups harder to attend for this reason. Normally, you get to know your group at church or in Sunday school and then you go to someones house for small group. With Lifegroups, you don't really know anyone and meet them initially at someones house. I'm not as comfortable with that. I tried it once (6 years ago) and it wasn't a good experience. The group was more concerned with what bar they were going to hit after the meeting than the bible study.
That is unfortunate. Life groups should be about growing intimate with a close group of friends that share the same struggles and faith or beliefs, and luckily my wife and I found that in ours. My wife and I attended Lifechurch for 2 years and absolutely loved it. We decided to make the move to a smaller town to raise our children, and luckily we found a network church of Lifechurch.

I have never really understood why (not saying anyone is, just meaning in general) Christians or churches bash other churches, aren't we all in it for the same thing, to grow closer to God and help spread his word? One thing I have noticed about churches like Lifechurch is in most respects, they are more welcoming to new believers or believers that have been on hiatus, than anywhere I have ever seen and I just don't see what's wrong with that.

I do pray that anyone looking finds your church home where ever that is and that it takes you farther in faith than you ever thought possible.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss the days where we sang the old Hymns in church and had a piano, guitar,bass and maybe a fiddle or mandolin.
Does anybody know of a Church like that in the area of southern Broken Arrow?
Where the pastor actually interacts with his congregation, Not like the mega churches where they herd people in like cattle for an hour and then rotate them out for the next group??
I want the old time religion!!

Im in the same position as you. I love going to a small church in Seminole Ok

Last edited by a moderator:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go to a church of Christ and we don't have music. But my preacher is good and so is my church. It isn't very big and they really care about the membership. My family friend just opened a new church of Christ up in Okc. I will have to Ask my dad the name of it but he is the greatest preacher that I have ever heard. A really nice man that cares for people. But I don't know if you would be into a church with no instruments. But we sing plenty of old songs. Rarely any new ones. His church is called boulevard. Might give them a chance. I promise you won't regret it.

tbirch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to feel the same way before we started Church on the Move a few years ago. It's amazing how small it becomes with regular attendance to the same service. Each one sort of becomes its own small group. Give it try, great worship and teaching.

Latest posts

Top Bottom