Looking for a place to live

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with CHenry. Rightfully you have a tremendous amount of turmoil right now with a lot of changes going on. I would keep as much stable as you can right now and not make any more drastic changes than you have to. If you can, I would just sit tight where you are and see how things work out and then hopefully make decisions of where to live after the dust settles.

Most things in life work themselves out if we give them enough time, not usually how we expect, but they do work out.

I feel for you, I am most likely headed in a similar direction soon myself, but fortunately do not have kids to consider.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info/support guys. My wife and I sat down and talked for the first time this afternoon. We made some progress. We talked about what needed to be done to make this work. Her big complaint was my depression most likely related to PTSD. Which is a fair point. She explained to me better than in any of our previous discussions/arguments/fights what she saw as an issue. She says I am not happy. For the most part I agree. I am headed down to the VA tomorrow and going to navigate the flaming hoops to see about getting into a counseling program for depression/PTSD. The worst thing that will happen is I fix myself and move on with life. The best thing is I will get my family back.

I feel for you, I am most likely headed in a similar direction soon myself, but fortunately do not have kids to consider.

Let me know if you need anything. Been through it once before and know it sucks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info/support guys. My wife and I sat down and talked for the first time this afternoon. We made some progress. We talked about what needed to be done to make this work. Her big complaint was my depression most likely related to PTSD. Which is a fair point. She explained to me better than in any of our previous discussions/arguments/fights what she saw as an issue. She says I am not happy. For the most part I agree. I am headed down to the VA tomorrow and going to navigate the flaming hoops to see about getting into a counseling program for depression/PTSD. The worst thing that will happen is I fix myself and move on with life. The best thing is I will get my family back.

Let me know if you need anything. Been through it once before and know it sucks.

Do not tell the VA you have Guns in your interview unless you think that will help you.
A friend made this mistake. Take that for what its worth.
I've been divorced. The low point in my life, but we all overcome it with time and help if need be.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went to the VA yesterday for an appointment and was in and out in 7 minutes, appointment, prescription, and all. Wish my civilian doctor was like that. But on topic...the CT scan dude tapped on my knife in my pocket and said I better not bring that again. He said he had no problem with it but the VA in general did. But the gun thing, yes, tell them you lost them all in a boating accident. :wink2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hey bud... you can do this. If you both want to work on it, it can happen. It isn't too late, I promise. No matter what.

Look into this:
http://www.familylife.com/weekend-to-remember

There is a marriage conference in Tulsa on the weekend of Feb 10-12th. My wife and I will be going, and we are flying in some friends from out of state to go, too. My wife has been twice without me - the last two years I have been working, this year I managed to change my schedule to take the weekend off. She feels this conference is phenomenal, and it is right here in Tulsa, coming up in 2 weeks. I would strongly urge you and your wife to look into this, if you have hopes at all of saving your marriage - for yourselves AND your daughter.

Good luck, man, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now the next problem. We don't even have an offer on our house, however I am looking around for apartments and or a house to rent. I am also getting info on refinancing my current house in my name. My real issue with some of the moving is I have largish safe. About 6ftx3ft. I know with just a couple of hand guns and maybe a rifle an apartment would be none the wiser. A large safe with me moving in the apartment with a few long guns would draw some unwanted attention. I dont even think firearms are allowed in most apartments. If you know of a place that allows them let me know.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never seen or heard of firearms being mentioned in a lease. I don't know if it would be legal in OK, or if that is something that is covered. College campus apartments are the only place I've ever heard of it coming up.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I read up on this they have to allow it inside the apartment. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my source from when I looked it up the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom