Pros and Cons of Muskogee Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have lived here most of my life, on the east side and the west side. I don't have a problem with it, I like it here. Got some nice parks and the VA is a big employer. You can get anywhere in town in 15 minutes. Ft Gibson is right across the river if you want a smaller town and Tulsa is only 45 minutes away. Don't believe all the bad things till you have visited and talked to people that actually live here. Couple of DWC ranges 25 minutes away.
I was originally looking at the area between Purcell and Ardmore (Garvin County area) but can't find enough inventory on the market and I'm priced out of what I would like so I started looking at other parts of the state. Right now Muskogee and oddly Stillwater fit my boxes, Stillwater would probably make a better investment and I assume is a drier climate like Oklahoma county was.

On those DWC ranges I have a lifetime permit but since I moved up near Miami there ain't **** up here. I'm aware of the range south of Zeb and I've heard of the shooting pit near Wagoner but have been warned not to go alone. Judging by the poor relationship the State govt now has with the tribes I doubt any more DWC ranges will be built in the eastern 1/3rd of the state. I read a news article last year stating DWC does plan to build another dozen or so ranges over the next 10 years but mostly around Tulsa and Western OK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom