Looking for Some Input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Buy a reputable 9mm double stack gun. The choices are *almost* endless.

In no particular order:
Glock 17 or 19
Sig 228, 229, or 226
S&W autos 59, 5906, etc etc
M&P 9
XD 9
Beretta 92
H&K

If possible, try to shoot as many as possible before buying, it usually makes in what you might otherwise like.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much are you looking to spend?

The main thing is find something that is comfortable to you. Glock makes a great pistol, but I positively cannot stand the grip angle or the trigger safety, personally. For a lot of people, there's nothing out there better for them.

Your "average" priced options like the M&P, Glock, and XD are all proven solid choices, so if you go that route just figure out what works best for you. Kahr is another solid choice. If you wish to expand your budget, you might look at a HK USP or something similar.

If you'd like to spend a bit less, look into the Stoeger Cougar, which is a very solid Beretta design now being produced at the comparable quality levels by Stoeger in Turkey. It's arguably one of the best 9mm values out there at around $400 NIB.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my wife a Glock 26 which she likes.
She has a Glock 19 in the bedroom which she also likes.
Me, I have a 18.5 inch shotgun and a Glock 36.
The choices are endless, just get a PROVEN firearm which you can shoot well.
I am sure there are many people on here that would be glad to meet you at a range
and let you shoot some of theirs.
Just ask and you shall receive.:haay:

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep a M&P 40c at the house for my wifes home protection. Also have a 12 gauge with 000 buck. She likes the feel and reach of the trigger for her size. She is 4'11". The gun fits her well and she is an excellent shot with it. i tried to get her behind a 9mm, but she told me that she wanted to be able to handle the larger calibers in case she ever had to shoot them. I also keep an M&P 45 in the kitchen just in case I don't have my carry on me........I always have my carry on me...... but just in case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom