Looking for some scope opinions...Hawke - Vortex - Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a 30-06 Remington 783 and need a scope for it. I am planning on a 3-9x40 or 4-12x40, will be used for possibly deer hunting and hopefully piggies at some point. Actual hunting use may be a bit limited in reality.
Do any folks have any info/experience on a Hawke scope?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGKNH9E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3TGRE52CKDJD9&coliid=I2L8NQN6NFLVO1
Price is very reasonable, scope is within parameters.
I ran across this Vortex as well;
http://www.blundergat.com/store/p10/Vortex_Crossfire_II_4-12x40_AO_%28V-Plex%29_Scope.html
Same thing with this piece.

I'm not stuck on any particular make/model, just would like to be under $200. I'll need rings as well.
Thanks.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If pondering the Vortex, Not sure i'd go below a Viper........maybe a diamondback with that kind of recoil/expectations.

Hawke seems to have some folks very happy, and wonder if they're trying to follow suit with Vortex's origins. I too am curious to try one of their .22LR scopes just to dabble.

honestly, For that price - your going used and ehhh for quality on both rings and scope. Good rings will run at least $75 for TPS, but Seekins precision, ARC, Badger, USO, Griffin or APA would be monies better spent in long run.

Last edited:

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You cant go wrong with Vortex

I love these statements...

I will most likely never own another vortex scope. If anything the only scopes of theirs I would buy would be the Gen II HD line, nothing below that.

Buying a scope on a budget is very hard to do IMO, especially the $100 budget. Hell my scope rings run me about $150.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm going with the budget option. I picked up a Hawke HD IR 4-12X40 and a set of Remington mounts/rings.
Got the scope mounted but no range trip yet.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love these statements...

I will most likely never own another vortex scope. If anything the only scopes of theirs I would buy would be the Gen II HD line, nothing below that.

Buying a scope on a budget is very hard to do IMO, especially the $100 budget. Hell my scope rings run me about $150.

I love these statements.....$1300 scope and $150 rings on a $300 hunting rifle. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom