Looking for some scope opinions...Hawke - Vortex - Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people are happy with coffee cup to saucer size groups. Some people want to wring every last bit of accuracy out of a gun. We can see who is who in this thread.
Come on I like to ring out better accuracy too but the 1300.oo scope and expensive rings on the OP gun that may use for some deer hunting was a little over kill.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people are happy with coffee cup to saucer size groups. Some people want to wring every last bit of accuracy out of a gun. We can see who is who in this thread.

Yes we can see who is who. OP mentioned deer hunting on a budget not 1000 yard target shooting. Coffee cup accuracy will kill every deer that lives in Oklahoma. If you can't kill a deer with coffee cup accuracy in Oklahoma, a $3000 optic on a $300 rifle isn't going to help. You guys should have your biggest scope/littlest wiener contest in a different thread.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes we can see who is who. OP mentioned deer hunting on a budget not 1000 yard target shooting. Coffee cup accuracy will kill every deer that lives in Oklahoma. If you can't kill a deer with coffee cup accuracy in Oklahoma, a $3000 optic on a $300 rifle isn't going to help. You guys should have your biggest scope/littlest wiener contest in a different thread.

Not a weiner comparing contest, but if that is what you are wanting it to be, you can play with your ding a ling by yourself. I will keep shooting rifles is what I will do.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not once did you tell him to buy an optic outside of his budget. I gave advise to stay away from the vortex budget line.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not once did you tell him to buy an optic outside of his budget. I gave advise to stay away from the vortex budget line.

You're right. I didn't tell him to buy an optic out of his budget. YOU suggested nothing below a $1300 vortex. Post #5 . To the OP. You will kill all the deer you want with the scope you bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom