Looking for someone in Tulsa area to replace the spare tire hoist on my PU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Tanis143 thats awesome bud!! I live east of Tulsa, have shop and bout every tool known to man if y'all get in a bind.

Appreciate it. Shouldn't be too hard, at worst I sacrifice a cheap 14mm socket (of which I have several... now 10mm that's a different story). Hopefully I can just take the security lug out of the hoist and use the jack tool to lower the tire. I've got plenty of 3/4 extensions just in case and will probably bring my drill with a 3/4" bit to make it easier.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciate it. Shouldn't be too hard, at worst I sacrifice a cheap 14mm socket (of which I have several... now 10mm that's a different story). Hopefully I can just take the security lug out of the hoist and use the jack tool to lower the tire. I've got plenty of 3/4 extensions just in case and will probably bring my drill with a 3/4" bit to make it easier.
10mm bout the most common head size on any of the smaller bolts nowadays. I think it replaced everything that used to be 3/8 and 7/16.
Atleast 14mm and 9/16 interchange most the time.
Anyhow, it's good to see folks paying it forward.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10mm bout the most common head size on any of the smaller bolts nowadays. I think it replaced everything that used to be 3/8 and 7/16.
Atleast 14mm and 9/16 interchange most the time.
Anyhow, it's good to see folks paying it forward.

As a cable tech 7/16 is my life blood. Anytime I see them at garage sales I pick them up as I'm bound to lose mine at some point and time lol.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My truck had the same problem, I cut the cable(plasma cutter) at the very end and got the tire out of the way. Then I knocked the lock off. Once that was done I just welded the cable onto the center of a washer. Good as new, been like that for two years now

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My spare released itself sometime since late 17'. Cable broke on my 12' f350, hopefully it didn't cause a wreck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom