Looking seriously at an E-bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure some here have them.
I’ve personally looked at some folding Hey Bike rangers and some folding Lectric step throughs.
The Hey bikes are extremely well built with the fat tire design. I’m a hobby welder but have seen lots of welds by those qualified to weld in a nuke power plant. The welding on these bikes would pass. Steel except for the wheels. About 70 pounds or a tad more.
The lectrics are 10 lb or so lighter but very popular.
Not quite so heavily built but we see a lot of them on the trails.
What are y’all’s thoughts on these two models, or do you suggest some other brand?

Last edited:

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve personally looked at some folding Hey Bike rangers and some folding Lectric step throughs.
The Hey bikes are extremely well built with the he fat tire design. I’m a hobby welder but have seen lots of welds by those qualified to weld in a nuke power plant. The welding on these bikes would pass. Steel except for the wheels. About 70 pounds or a tad more.
What are y’all’s thoughts on these two models, or do you suggest some other brand?
I’ve seen the Lectric and thought about it. They were going for about $1000 a couple years ago.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got a couple of Pedego bikes, they're more expensive but the company has been in business a long time and knows ebikes.
They also have a dealer network so you can get parts and service. We had an intermittent electrical problem on one of ours, the guy in the okc store got it fixed, it was a bad controller that would put up an error message only after fully charging the battery...sometimes.
Overall we're satisfied with ours.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Hey bikes are extremely well built with the he fat tire design. I’m a hobby welder but have seen lots of welds by those qualified to weld in a nuke power plant. The welding on these bikes would pass. Steel except for the wheels. About 70 pounds or a tad more.
Hunted Copan last year and those bikes were everywhere. I’ll have to start paying more attention to the brands.

tcart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought two of the Lectric step thru bikes, We have put about 100 miles on each of them. I had the display go out on one of them and Lectric customer service was great. It was shipped to me in Florida the next day. We've enjoyed them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom