Looking seriously at an E-bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, I've bought multiples for our Family to have at a couple houses; one is pavement/cart paths and the other is Lake setting with different terrains.

I've got history with Sondors, LECTRIC, Jetson, Ariel Ryder (Dual motor), and another that I can't remember.

Best deal: LECTRIC
Most dependable: LECTRIC
Most Fun: Ariel Ryder Dual
Best Looking: Sondors
Best for Kids: Jetson

Easy decision to get the LECTRIC
Just what I was looking for.
The 20" Lectrics are aluminum frame that is much lighter than the Hey Bike which with battery weighs in at 78 pounds. Step through Lectric weighs in at 49. Knock off 5 lbs by removing the batteries, would give the Lectric the edge for loading on a bike rack at the back of the RV, and I'm not getting any younger.
Advantage to the Hey Bike is that the battery just comes off, while the Lectric model we are looking at requires being folded up before removing the battery.
500 Watt Lectric is $800 on amazon, while the 500 Watt Hey Bike is $1000. We have visited with owners of both models. Both swear by their bikes.
The state park nearby has e-bikes for rent. I think we are going to rent some for an afternoon and see what we think before investing in a couple. I'm all in, but wife is iffy.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would seem that if the EV bike was light and the battery was a tad larger, it would go further in miles. I'd hate to go a great distance and the battery ran down and I had to pedal or push that heavy thing back home.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would seem that if the EV bike was light and the battery was a tad larger, it would go further in miles. I'd hate to go a great distance and the battery ran down and I had to pedal or push that heavy thing back home.
Most have an instrument cluster that tells how much longer the battery will last. If one ignores that information, they deserve to pedal back. LOL.
They are also supplied with multiple gears so manual cycling is not really an issue.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gee thanks Dennis! You got me looking at these now...

CRF-Rally.-1-scaled-2824439558.jpg

I figure I can go places on this that a 4 wheeler or UTV won't go and it'll be a lot easier to haul and take up less space. Plus I can tool around town on it.. :lookaroun

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gee thanks Dennis! You got me looking at these now...

View attachment 456119

I figure I can go places on this that a 4 wheeler or UTV won't go and it'll be a lot easier to haul and take up less space. Plus I can tool around town on it.. :lookaroun
You can't legally ride that on bike trails and sidewalks although I get why you want that. Pretty cool.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't legally ride that on bike trails and sidewalks although I get why you want that. Pretty cool.
Hunting was my first thought. I actually checked out the ebikes after reading this post and while they have definite potential a dual sport street legal bike just covers a lot more bases in addition to hunting. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom