Looking to join IDPA...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wtowner81

My wife and I (well more me than my wife) are looking into getting into the IDPA scene. I have done a little research on the matter, but being an over the road truck driver I haven't really been able to find out a whole lot via my iphone.
Most of the research that I have done has pointed me to this site. I joined you all as of today and have to say that I am very impressed with the setup and vast amount of knowledge to be gained and shared with all of you. In fact, after being a hobbyist shooter for quite some time I learned of 2A here in Tulsa.... had NO CLUE there was another indoor pistol range outside of TFA. So bonus! Anyway, if anyone here is active in the IDPA and would be willing to share a link or two of where I should start (maybe to go view a match or two) that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ALL in advance and happy shooting! :fullauto:

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Tulsa area has club IDPA matches, no one really holds IDPA in the OKC area. USSA has a monthly match and the guys there would be more than happy to get you started. I'm sure Jerry (Glocktogo) can let you know more about the specifics of their matches.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2nd Sunday and 4th Saturday (sign in at 09:00, match begins at 10:00) at Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club, right there in Coweta (305th E. Ave. & 11th St. S.).

http://ocrgc.com/?q=node/394

As stated, USSA has them in Owasso as well. Each match has a different flavor, so it's a good idea to try them both. No need to watch, just bring your gear & sign up. They'll put you at the bottom on each stage, so you have plenty of time to see everyone else do it and ask questions.

W

wtowner81

Thank you all very much for your help! Great leads and for sure would love to check out the one here close by at Oil Capitol. I did notice however that they are no longer taking membership applications... does this mean that new folks
cant come compete? Anywho thanks again and look forward to maybe seeing some of you all out there!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for your help! Great leads and for sure would love to check out the one here close by at Oil Capitol. I did notice however that they are no longer taking membership applications... does this mean that new folks
cant come compete? Anywho thanks again and look forward to maybe seeing some of you all out there!

All local ranges putting on matches like IDPA and USPSA are open to the public for the match itself. Oil Capital charges $8 for their members and $12 for non-members for IDPA matches. USSA charges their members $10 and non-members $15 per IDPA match.

IDPA membership is not mandatory, but recommended. You do have to be an IDPA member to shoot in large sanctioned matches like the Badlands Regional every April at Oil Capital.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also looking to get into IDPA and competitive shooting in general. I'll be shooting the Steel Challenge match this sunday and the June IDPA match on the 9th at USSA. So, if you come out to either of those you won't be alone as a newcomer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom