Looks like someone leaked some upcoming trijicon goodies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
1690258462181.png

1690258472884.png

1690258493112.png

1690258506974.png

Its about time. Trijicon makes great stuff, but I feel like they have been dragging their feet on innovation. Looks like they're doing it right.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So they just made their version of a design already made by Holosun and Aimpoint.

SMH this is not innovation. It's kicking the can down the road to stay relevant.
What more can be innovated on a red dot? Theres only so much that can be innovated in the natural minds of humans. No major optics company is innocent from copying the work of others..

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve used both Holosun and Aimpoints then went back to the RMR. I’ll be throwing money at the HD RMR. The battery tray in the SRO was money.

I was really hoping that Trijicon would come out with polished products not just regurgitated junk. I went through 2 Holosun 509s before I just trashed the idea. I’ve ran the DPP hard but it’s auto adjust is not as good as the RMR and the ACRO just leaves a lot to be desired in auto adjust and battery life.

For competitive use they’re all on the table, but Trijicon hit it out of the park with the RMR. I would say a refined RMR HD that has top load battery, amazing battery life, amazing auto adjust and enlarged window would be the polished innovation that the industry needs.

Innovation isn’t just overall design. Trijicon was very innovative in their type 2 RMR with the redesign of their electrical system.

Just think about the auto adjust feature.

They have a photon detector on different areas of the red dot. They have to find which area collects enough light to actually have sensitivity to ambient light. Then they have to structure the emitter to be sensitive to the detector and actually adjust the brightness of the dot to be useable to the operator under a ton of different conditions. Too bright is almost as bad as not bright enough. Then they have to make sure that system is rugged enough for the recoil but easy to mass produce.

The DPP is decent in dark conditions, but when taking it from dark to bright light its system doesn’t adjust very fast and the dot washes. Same with the ACRO. Those are both high end systems but just missed the mark in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom