Lousy Poacher....! At least they finally caught him..!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, i'm just busting your chops.
I have my share of trouble with road hunters,spotlighters,tresspassers.
the road by my house looks like a freeway during the fall.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hogs are an invasive species, you can use a spotlight or suppressed weapons if you wish. Whats your point with that statement?

Better check on that before you act on it. I'm pretty sure that any use of a silencer for hunting in OK is illegal. I am quite sure that to hunt hogs at night requires some advance dealing with the authorities. CB

BCorbett

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely too light of a sentence. Two years ago, my wife was sitting in her tree stand and heard a vehicle driving real slow down the road. About the time she was thinking "road hunter" she heard a shot that was less than 100 yards from her stand, heavily wooded. She called a neighbor and he came down there, caught the guy walking around on our lease looking for his deer. He was parked right beside one of our no trespassing, no hunting signs. Anyway, we got his license plate number and found the deer two days later, a small six pointer. The game warden came out and said that he could do nothing unless one of us actually saw him shoot at the deer. To me, it should have been an open and shut case, but nothing was done.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better check on that before you act on it. I'm pretty sure that any use of a silencer for hunting in OK is illegal. I am quite sure that to hunt hogs at night requires some advance dealing with the authorities. CB

Land owners can get night shooting permits from the GW. The regs only say silencers can't be used on "game" animals and hogs are consider feral so they are free game :)

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading this thread and listening to Uncle Ted's rant on the outdoor channel this week.
I have a couple questions. Is picking up sheds legal in Okla?
or will you end up in trouble if you have 103 sheds like this guy?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Land owners can get night shooting permits from the GW. The regs only say silencers can't be used on "game" animals and hogs are consider feral so they are free game :)

I believe they just passed a rewording of this that include all animals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom