Lousy Poacher....! At least they finally caught him..!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When contacted, Nixon admitted to killing the BP buck with a .25-06 Browning rifle and filled out a voluntary statement for game wardens. He was cited for poaching the buck, and the antlers, as well as a dead owl, were tagged and confiscated for evidence. The next day 103 untagged deer racks were confiscated along with an elk antler, and counts against Nixon are currently pending in those cases.

It's not over yet.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good gosh - whatta buck! Some stupid a-hole had to shoot such a magnificant buck and like some of you said, he just got a slap on the wrist...

I wish one of our old Game Wardens (Keith Green) would have caught him over here in Craig County - he would have done time behind bars!!!

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
103 untagged racks...........
That is beyond just poaching as we normally think about it. For such a blatant disregard for any rule or anyone associated with the ethical pursuit of outdoors enjoyment, this fellow should received a punishment that goes far and above what would normally be associated with poaching. I am thinking that the non-surgical removal of index and middle fingers of both hands would be in order. No more trigger pulling for him. Assign him a street corner, a tin cup, and a sign which reads; "I am guilty of the out of season theft and waste of over one hundred whitetail deer from the citizens Oklahoma, please give what I deserve". Chain him to a post at the street corner and mount the sign over his head. Indignation and disgust will take care of the rest.

Last edited:

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read the article about this guy and his "punishment" in the Sunday paper this morning. As others have stated, take away his hunting license, that will really do some good. Why can't jail time coupled with confiscation of all items guns, truck, etc used in the crimes be meted out ALONG with a staggering fine...... This guy apparently has made a career of sorts poaching wildlife.......

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its not the GW's, nor the ODW's fault for the light fines on poachers. Its the judges that rule on the cases. Most, not all don't consider poaching to be much of a problem.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^I'd throw nickels at him as I drove past!

I say we drop him off in Libya and have him call us when he gets their dictator since hes such a great shot. He doesn't get a .338 LAP MAG or .300 WIN MAG, hand him his Browning .25-06 with two boxes of shells and send him on his way. Its not as easy when people are shooting back.

More realistically I think that he should also be handed some felony charges so that he may never buy guns ever again. Not legally anyway. As it has already been pointed out, this wont necessarily keep him from being able to buy a gun in OK(Private sale). Fining him $1k per rack is a good start with the BP Buck rack being $1k for each point, man is that thing beautiful. $5k fine probably barely covers the expenses involved in the investigation. He should be bankrupted and I'd guess fines in the suggested amounts would make life tough to enjoy.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the state should create a statewide poacher's registry. Much like a sex offender registry except for poachers obviously. I'm sure this slug will be looking to relocate soon as I'm sure he's garnering some unsavory notoriaty in his area of residence. It'd at least give the game wardens a heads-up if one moves to their county.

Latest posts

Top Bottom