Lyman 4500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new one appears to have the same design flaw.
A radiused end with not enough material to support the pivot.
I suspect I'll be having the guys in the machine shop make me a new one..........

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first post here. I am interested in your lyman 4500.

Tom

That sizer I have never was for sale. I was going to give it to Old Fart if he could have used it. I have it sitting in a box waiting for the time when I start casting boolits......someday.

Last edited:

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I had a bullet sizer and loaned it to a friend quite a few years ago. He was robbed and lost it. He also had my Lyman bullet mold. Lost it too. I am kinda thinkin about casting my own again with the high prices of bullets and thought you might part with it. Those cast bullets shot real nice in my old Redhawk.

Tom

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I have an old one somewhere buried away too...

I bought a new tumber the other day after doing some research. It seems that Lyman is maybe doing a little less quality. The 2500 Magnum tumbler is evidently larger than all the older ones but cheaper and thinner and evidently the motor isn't holding up as well either.

Sad to see... I guess if you want quality nowdays, you have to really do your research and pay through the nose. Either that or plan on failure by buying cheap chinese stuff and just replacing it every year. I'll opt for quality whenever possible and necessary.

Hope this one lasts Old Fart.

I have one that has done very well. The problem is keeping the motor cool enough. If you make sure it is one a flat hard surface and clean out from under it every now and then they do great, if not the motor will overheat and burn out. I am putting mine up for sale but only because I bought a Model B Tumbler to use with stainless media later on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom