Lyrica and Ambien

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, bummer. I feel your pain on the gout, literally. But the good news is, gout can be managed fairly easily once you figure out what your trigger foods are. For me it was red wine, most gravies, especially KFC gravy, and most cuts of pork (early on, before I got it under control). Interestingly, I can eat ham, but not "pure" pork. I can also occasionally eat bacon, and some cuts of sausage. I stay to beef hotdogs though, because the port that goes into most hotdogs seems to be organ meats, which are the highest in purine content.

You should be picking up allopurinol as a daily med. Once you've been on that for a while, and the initial attack is over with, you should be in good shape if you avoid your trigger foods.

Anyway, good luck. Feel free to PM me if you have gout questions. I'm not a medical provider, but I've been dealing with gout since about 87.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks cmhbob.

I will take you up on the offer of help.

I can't imagine dealing with this as long as you have.

You're right my clinic called in a script for allopurinol for me to pick up. They just told me to cut back on protein. I'll see how it goes.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem. It's not all proteins. The main culprit is purines, which are found in proteins, but it's in higher concentration in organ meats. You'll also see high concentrations in things like asparagus, mushrooms, and herring.

A few good links:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...ealthy-eating/in-depth/gout-diet/art-20048524

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=51

http://www.webmd.com/arthritis/tc/diet-and-gout-topic-overview

One of the best suggestions I can give is to increase your water intake. I find I get gout twinges if I've been slightly dehydrated for a while.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get some fresh cherries for the gout. Eat several throughout the day. Trust me, this lowers the uric acid in your joints and stops the gout.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can relate to JBs experience with Ambien. Took it a few times and never will again. First time I did what was supposed to and took it right before bed then crawled in bed and slept like a baby with no problems. 3rd time I figured I would double dose and really get some good sleep then I screwed around after taking it and didnt go straight to bed and ended up having a mini trip. End of that stuff for me.

BB- The wife has had bad headaches (among all of her other aches and pains) for years and finally her Dr set her up to have her carotid arteries cleared. She has had one side done so far and she doesnt seem to be having those bad headaches like she was but not totally sure and also not sure if theyre still going to do the other side. She got a nasty scar from the first and its finally looking ok and she had that done in Febuary.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried the gin soaked raisins yet?

Get ya a box of raisins and some gin, spread the raisins out in a flat pan .

Pour gin until it just covers them, leave overnight.

Next day drain off the gin, youre supposed to eat 4-6 raisins a day, I guess you could drink the gin too, thats up to you.... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom