M 91/30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squared1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a 1942 91/30 shoots great. Just wondering what is the best grain bullet to feed it. I'm already thinking on buying a second one. Any suggestion on a model to look for. It had a bit of a kick but my son his friend and a young lady took there turn firing it everybody wanted to shoot it great fun to shoot seemed pretty accurate. As weel

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mill surplus ammo is either 147ish or 180ish. It is still affordable. Here is a link for some
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A76254B
80 bucks pluss shipping isnt bad for 440 rounds of shoulder thumping

There are other quality brands for it like Wolf Gold out of Germany, Privi Partizan, and Selier & Belliot. Pretty sure I spelt the last one wrong. These are around 15 bucks and up for 20rnd.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 5. 3 91/30s an 2 M44s. One is a Romanian that I sportserized. Wish I hadnt.

Favorite? Cant really say. But I do prefer the Russian M44 just cause it is smaller. I would like to get a Finn Mossin Nagant one these days. A later model.

I like mosins because they are cheep and affordable fun with a big round that there is a ton of cheep surpuss to be had

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have three mosins. All are 91/30. My favorite is the 1943, its the most beat up looking but has the best bolt and is most accurate. I also have a 1942 and 1940. All are izhevsk.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one 91/30 currently. I'm thinking of picking up an M44 and/or a Chinese T53 in the near future. I wished I hadn't passed up an opportunity to get an M38 not too long ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom