M.E.Miller Custom Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wannamakers here I come. show knives.jpgshow knives 2.jpg

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I delivered this this morning to Denny Haddox Chairman of the Friends of the NRA Banquet being held this weekend in Claremore.

Tsunami pattern Damascus made by Randy Haas Jr.with 416 stainless guard. elephant ivory handle back by thin red liner material. One of my fancy knife sheaths.NRA Knife.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My knives are ground on an 18 inch wheel. It gives the bevel a shallow hollow that goes all the way to the edge.

I heat-treat,cryo to -320, and double temper. The damascus is also cryoed. Most end up in the 60-61 rockwell area.

Leather work is Craig and Wickett leather that is made individually for each knife. I do like to stamp the sheaths and very few are seen plain.

Steels are CPM154,D2,Damascus. I do have 01 ,BG42,52100, and a smalll amount of 440v available.

Most of my knives are straight knives but have slowly accumulated equipment to do folders. I have made about 15 folder so far
http://www.flickr.com/photos/memiller/?saved=1

can't seem to find the folders .. are the steel forged by you?

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I normally don't do folders. All the knives I have been showing are stock removal. Maybe forging after retiring. I have all the equipment to do forging and my own damascus but right now time is the kicker.
There is one folder in the group picture for the Wannamakers.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I normally don't do folders. All the knives I have been showing are stock removal. Maybe forging after retiring. I have all the equipment to do forging and my own damascus but right now time is the kicker.
There is one folder in the group picture for the Wannamakers.

thanks .. have searched up and down .. cannot find it.
folders from custom knife makers with hand forged steel sure seems to be rare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom