Made something to use to oil my guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using these for years for small projects, should have mentioned that here before. I had some left over from when I took allergy shots years ago. I run the point over a little fine sandpaper so I don't accidentally poke myself. Using this will also let you put a very small T-25 grease line down the slide groves and a small dot anywhere you want it. Things we don't think about it, we just do it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the rubberized plunger stopper will probably start to melt in a few days.

because they are buna rubber.
Oil/chemical dispensers need viton orings to resist swelling. They are made in different durometers (hardness) for different applications. Buna Orings is what caused the Challenger disaster if I remember right. They couldn't take the temp extremes.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
because they are buna rubber.
Oil/chemical dispensers need viton orings to resist swelling. They are made in different durometers (hardness) for different applications. Buna Orings is what caused the Challenger disaster if I remember right. They couldn't take the temp extremes.
Great. My gun going to explode.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Orings in guns have to be viton. Rem 1100 comes to mind.
Since these came from a farm and ranch department, I had hoped they it would be a tougher as well as having a large gauge.
Never thought about the rubber being the biggest issue.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Have been looking for the lucas oil dispensers that appear to have a very small needle opening. That's what I want. Have seen a few online but seemed stupid paying shipping that cost more than the product. So what do I do? Spend more than shipping on something that won't work. HA!:homer:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use one of these and they are refillable
https://www.amazon.com/PIN-POINT-PRECISION-PEN-OILER/dp/B000Y8BDHM
And picked it up at the local auto parts store so didnt pay the shipping
Since these came from a farm and ranch department, I had hoped they it would be a tougher as well as having a large gauge.
Never thought about the rubber being the biggest issue.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Have been looking for the lucas oil dispensers that appear to have a very small needle opening. That's what I want. Have seen a few online but seemed stupid paying shipping that cost more than the product. So what do I do? Spend more than shipping on something that won't work. HA!:homer:

Rickm is using the same ones I'm using. Small, and get to some really tight spots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom