Made with a personal touch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Figured I should post some of the knives I've made for folks. I don't make these on a grand scale, rather I talk to the buyer and incorporate something completely personal into their knives. I.e. Using wood from their family's old homestead's hardwood floors, native wood taken from their family farm or an order I've got now is for 3 brothers(in their early 50's) who want knives made from their deceased father's trophy buck he took back in the late 50's...that way they each have something tied to their father.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpgMade using a Colorado elk antler shed found during first successful elk hunt.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpgMade for 3 long time hunting buddies, using eastern red cedar milled from another friend's farm some 25 years ago.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg. Matching knives for a father and his 3 sons, using bois d'arc (horse apple) and black walnut taken from their family farm in Kansas.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpg. My daughter's knife I made after she took her first deer. I let her pick out all of the components herself so that it is truly hers. I am working on my 7 year olds first knife now' following her first deer kill this past season.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpg. And to finish for today, this is my personal knife, having just completed it in January. This one is completely custom. The blade is made of the steel used for trauma plates in bullet proof vests. After shaping and grinding the blade, a buddy that works at a machine shop annealed and tempered it for me, then I had it powder coated black. The handle is a black walnut burl with the two cartridge casings from my first elk kill inset.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends. I have actually found a few on ebay that have produced very good blades for me. For this one, I bought a lot of 5 matching blades and used the 4 closest matching. Still have one blade left.

Latest posts

Top Bottom