Mailing vehicle title question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
titles coming from the state go regular mail literally everyday (except Sunday and now Saturdays in select areas)

:)

Done it several times myself to family or friends regular mail never had an issue

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say certified for this reason:

I mailed a title due to a vehicle refinance and it was lost in the mail. I waited 30 days and then went and filed for a duplicate. After filing, about the time the duplicate showed up, I got a call from the credit union saying they got the title noted that the it had been circulated between post offices quite a bit because it has multiple time stamps and all. Well I had to send in the duplicate because the original was canceled by then.

I ended up making duplicate car payments which was a mess and then trying to get a refund and all... yea.

Save time and money and do it certified from the get go.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certified is the best bet. Recipient has to sign for it and then you have proof that the title arrived at its destination. I've found its best to cover one's rear in these types of situations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom