Man Loses his Gun permit after blog posting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/01/...un-license-due-to-blog-about-tucson-shooting/

ARLINGTON (CBS) – A blog threatening members of Congress in the wake of the Tucson, Arizona shooting has prompted Arlington police to temporarily suspend the firearms license of an Arlington man.
It was the headline “1 down and 534 to go” that caught the attention. “One” refers to Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in the head in the rampage, while 534 refers to the other members of the U.S. House and Senate.
Police are investigating the “suitability” of 39-year-old Travis Corcoran to have a firearms license.
“We certainly take this as a credible threat, and credible until we prove otherwise,” said Arlington police Captain Robert Bongiorno.
In his blog Corcoran writes, “It is absolutely, absolutely unacceptable to shoot indiscriminately. Target only politicians and their staff and leave regular citizens alone.”

Travis Corcoran of Arlington
Police visited Corcoran’s home and found a “large amount” of weapons and ammunition, which have been removed.
The length of the suspension, or whether Corcoran’s license will be revoked will be determined by the outcome of the investigation.
Corcoran runs an online comic book business, HeavyInk.com, in Arlington. His views prompted comic book writers like Paul Cornell to tweet his fans, “I can’t stop someone selling my books, but please don’t buy them from HeavyInk.” And another from writer Gail Simone, “You have my pity. May you grow a soul someday, because you desperately are in need of one.”
Corcoran has not been arrested and does not face any charges. Arlington police saying they are working with the Capitol Police in their investigation, and members of the Massachusetts congressional delegation have been alerted.

:rant:
This really pisses me off. he broke no laws, but was open about his opinion of government so what does the government do?
not only suspend his license but come and take his guns and ammo!

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Threats (even idle or jokingly) against representatives/senators isn't cool in my book, especially after what has happened. Puts a bad name on all those who are legal gun owners. Deserves what he gets as far as I'm concerned.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Threats (even idle or jokingly) against representatives/senators isn't cool in my book, especially after what has happened. Puts a bad name on all those who are legal gun owners. Deserves what he gets as far as I'm concerned.

It's also illegal:

Title 18 Chapter 155 Section 2385:

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yet he broke no law, your buying in to their logic.
Free speech is free speech.
this is pre crime at its finest.
if there's no law broken and and they feel like taking his firearms where does that stop?
some ones opinion?
whos opinion?

i agree screw due process!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also illegal:

Title 18 Chapter 155 Section 2385:

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

I wonder if that applies to lawyers;

The default response to judicial tyranny is lethal force. Since the days of Cicero, the right to resort to violence in defense of our lives and liberties has been an integral part of black*letter law. As the Article III judicial power entitles judges to interpret the law **as opposed to rewriting it on an ad hoc, ex post facto basis **our judiciary has become, in the parlance of Judge Bork, a “band of outlaws.” Moreover, as the source of the harm is public officials, acting outside of the scope of their lawful authority, assassination of these outlaws would not be an act of rebellion per se but rather, in support and defense of "the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic." 8 C.F.R. § 337.1

Kenneth L. Smith, Petition for Certiorari to US Supreme Court, 2010

His appeal brief in the 10th.Circut Court (our circut) is below.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/31289978/How-to-Remove-a-Judge-Ken-Smith-Appeal-Brief

Latest posts

Top Bottom