Man Loses his Gun permit after blog posting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has not been charged with anything,

Corcoran, who has no criminal history, has not been arrested and does not face any charges.

So is this a criminal investigation or an "Administrative" investigation?

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is highly possible the guy was trying to be cute with his remark. The nature of the words don't strike me as necessarily a direct threat to go out and kill elected representatives of state and the federal legislatures and/or their employees. Still, in the political climate following the Arizona shooting someone has to be pretty foolish about cracking jokes about it. The reality is that it is never smart to make any type of threat towards another individual or others.

What also strikes me most about this incident is that apparently law enforcement confiscated his "known" cache of weapons and ammunition, then released him. That doesn't seem consistent to me. If they think the guy is a threat then the prudent thing is to keep him under lock and key until they decide he is/isn't a danger to society. It is highly possible that this individual has guns/ammunition in multiple locations. It is very possible that he has more than one residence/property where it is possible for him to keep weapons and ammunition. If the guy is truly a loose canon, then it seems more likely to me that he would have weapons in multiple locations. So, if the guy is truly a danger then they could have turned loose a man who had weapons and ammunition at his disposal.
exactly, he hasn't been charged with any crime. this was a government seizure of firearms. if there was enough evidence he would have been arrested and a bond set.
but no free speech is not being interpreted by local police.
it would be one thing if they just suspended his license.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His rhetoric was inflammatory, to be sure, but he didn't communicate a specific threat to anyone, did he?

Also, Anyone else here a fan of due process?

I think he did Mons...he called the target and gave targeting directives.

The gun confiscation is concerning...the permit suspension not so much.

He will get his due process I'm sure, as the focus of the investigation heinitiated by his actions. First place I always look is individual responsibility....

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he did Mons...he called the target and gave targeting directives.

The gun confiscation is concerning...the permit suspension not so much.

He will get his due process I'm sure, as the focus of the investigation heinitiated by his actions. First place I always look is individual responsibility....

Tough enough to get due process in the courts at times, in an "administrative" setting where this is occurring and being ran by those with other possible agendas, (given recent statements does anyone trust the OKC. Chief with their gun rights?) "rotsa ruck"

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am agreeing with both sides of the fence here..... I see no direct law broken, and that is why he faces no charges as of yet...

Poor choice of wording and server dumba$$ness? YES!!!...

Now as for them taking his premit away........Ummm hence forth the wording there....Permit....Can be taking away from you at anytime they want...

See difference of wording Rights (cannot be taking away)... Priviledge..IE (Permit)

But then again I would prefer to actually see the full posting before I say if he did anything wrong...

But the State can take your PERMIT...Away at anytime...

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now as for them taking his premit away........Ummm hence forth the wording there....Permit....Can be taking away from you at anytime they want...

See difference of wording Rights (cannot be taking away)... Priviledge..IE (Permit)

But then again I would prefer to actually see the full posting before I say if he did anything wrong...

But the State can take your PERMIT...Away at anytime...

And your kids too,on allegations without a warrant.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it is unjustified aggression to use force against someone who is only using words. Now perhaps words coupled with actions or circumstances which suggest the intent to act in conformity with them could be perceived by a rational man as a threat to innocent life or liberty which justifies using force to stop; but mere words do not show this, and no individual or government is justified in using force against someone who offers mere words with no force to back them up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom