Marlin 1895G Ahhhhhhhh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 1895G wouldn't feed either. Its been to the range once figured out it wouldn't feed and has been in the safe since. I need to take it back out and try to get it fixxed or ship it back to Marlin.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least the older 1895's were not tolerant of long cartridges. Virtually all factory ammo I tried was good, so have no idea if that played into your feeding problem, but if you handload keep that in mind. Otherwise they are great guns and lots of fun. You can load them hotter than your shoulder can stand I bet, but what's the purpose once you have that experience? I've never shot anything that would be considered dangerous, but it's hard to imagine anything having much fight left with warm loads and good hits. The more you shoot it the more you will appreciate it.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to say it was hanging up on the lifter getting out of the magazine tube and locking everything up nice and tight. Its been a while but this is to my best recollections.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
first off do you own any other Marlins? if so get one out and put one round in the magazine. Reference how the round seats on the loading gate. If you don't have another Marlin the round should slide back and rest against the cutout on the loading gate.

My Marlin was allowing the rounds to hang up infront of the loading gate. When you would cycle the lever down the carrier would allow the round to jump only 1/4 to 1/2 inch out. BAM Marlin Jamb. It took a screw driver or punch to drag it out. After this the subsequent rounds may or may not seat properly.

If the round does not seat properly after loaded it will be to far foward and the timing of the action will not allow it to pass to its intended position before the carrier leaves its lowest position.

I would send it to Marlin. They will fix it and return it to you at no cost. You just have to get it there. Call the 800 number on the website for details.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice indeed. Glad they could get you fixed up. Now tell me about these ghost rings.

http://www.xssights.com/store/rifle.html
look and see. You can get the rear sight with wings to protect the aperature. The rear setup also includes two aperatures to fit your needs.

I love the ghost rings on my guide gun! Excellent at picking up targets on the move. The guide gun is my short range, bad weather, heavy brush gun. I really see no reason to put optics on it for how I use it.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to say it was hanging up on the lifter getting out of the magazine tube and locking everything up nice and tight. Its been a while but this is to my best recollections.

Bingo!

For them not feeding factory ammo, I'd say they need a little touch up from the factory if you have a problem.

I only had it happen two times and it was with handloads before I got the message. Just don't try sighting it in and trying worked up loads by putting them up the spout one at a time and then expect it to work a magazine full. It might not happen.

What I understood is the 95 is basically just a modified 336 and there just isn't much gimme room. That's the only issue I've ever had. Otherwise they have always worked great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom