Marlin 1895G Ahhhhhhhh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I picked up a 1895G in September or October, I cant remember. Well regardless after I bought the NIB rifle I found out why it was NIB. The damn thing wouldn't load a round properly. SO after tearing the gun down several times for various reasons related to this one problem I ended up dropping the Ef Bomb when I scratched the side of the receiver. Poor lighting, frustrated and fedup resulted in the scratch. My fault I know. I'm scrounging the warehosue for a used 4' double florescent fixture to hang above my workbench.

Well at this point I said screw it, back to Marlin. After all they have a warranty on their weapons that others have raved about. After tracking down a box, Thank you BadgeBunny and GlockCop, I shipped it off. It landed last Tuesday. I called on Friday to check on my baby. It was fixed and due to be shipped out on Monday. I had the rifle in my hands on Tuesday.

Now that you have all the details that you really didn't care for on the the important info.

I love this rifle. It kicks like a mule with hotter loads but with nice soft loads I think I could shoot it all day long.

I was cloverleafing the 300gr Remington SJHP. The Hornady LE 325gr rounds were just tearing right through the target.

Now that I have function tested this for myself its off to go get more ammo and head out to Banner or OKC Gun Club to stretch the legs.

I think I'm going to be ordering some XS Ghost Ring sights for it first.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I picked up a 1895G in September or October, I cant remember. Well regardless after I bought the NIB rifle I found out why it was NIB. The damn thing wouldn't load a round properly. SO after tearing the gun down several times for various reasons related to this one problem I ended up dropping the Ef Bomb when I scratched the side of the receiver. Poor lighting, frustrated and fedup resulted in the scratch. My fault I know. I'm scrounging the warehosue for a used 4' double florescent fixture to hang above my workbench.

Well at this point I said screw it, back to Marlin. After all they have a warranty on their weapons that others have raved about. After tracking down a box, Thank you BadgeBunny and GlockCop, I shipped it off. It landed last Tuesday. I called on Friday to check on my baby. It was fixed and due to be shipped out on Monday. I had the rifle in my hands on Tuesday.

Now that you have all the details that you really didn't care for on the the important info.

I love this rifle. It kicks like a mule with hotter loads but with nice soft loads I think I could shoot it all day long.

I was cloverleafing the 300gr Remington SJHP. The Hornady LE 325gr rounds were just tearing right through the target.

Now that I have function tested this for myself its off to go get more ammo and head out to Banner or OKC Gun Club to stretch the legs.

I think I'm going to be ordering some XS Ghost Ring sights for it first.
I love the hell outta my 1895! Don't know why i didn't get one before. I've only ran the Hornady's through mine but uber accurate! Trying to find some of the Remington's to try out now.

I put the XS sights on my Marlin 336 and like them a lot. Haven't made up my mind whether I'm going to do the 1895 yet. Thought about putting a scout scope on it like i did my 336 but can't decide.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of my .30-30s it wears the Scout Mount and Leupold Scout Scope. No ghost rings yet. I'm on the fence on keeping this or selling it to fund the build up of the 336W I have hiding in my safe.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_OTASCO_203080_DSC_0020.jpg

On the 1895G I'm going to throw a Ghost Ring setup on it and call it a day. I just can't convince myself to throw glass on top of it.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of my .30-30s it wears the Scout Mount and Leupold Scout Scope. No ghost rings yet. I'm on the fence on keeping this or selling it to fund the build up of the 336W I have hiding in my safe.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_OTASCO_203080_DSC_0020.jpg

On the 1895G I'm going to throw a Ghost Ring setup on it and call it a day. I just can't convince myself to throw glass on top of it.

Yup, we've got the same setup, glass and all. I've got the scope in Leuopold quick release rings with the XS sights and scout mount.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted the QRW rings but couldn't spend the extra money. I can always recover the cost of the rings(mostly) or reuse them on another project.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
same here. I bought the scope for 2 dollars more than I bought the rifle. Add the mount and rings Im nearly a hundered over what I paid for the rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom