Martin Shooting Clip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antigonus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I definitely said that everyone will have a group hug if he's exonerated. You know, because the only two possible outcomes are either riots or that. Also if I don't agree with "the truth" (aka your opinion) then I can't be convinced of anything. Geez.

So, will there be riots if Zimmerman is found guilty? Why or why not?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, will there be riots if Zimmerman is found guilty? Why or why not?

It is possible to have some sort of civil unrest even when the population gets a highly desired result. Proof of that would be the "riots" following Kentucky winning the Final Four. Significant property damage and arrests despite the favorable game result that the crowd in Lexington KY supported. All of it was fueled by emotion and crowd dynamics/psychology. This was all known to the local police force and they had prepared for it but could not stop it. Probably the biggest reason was the lack of a leadership function that could act to restrain the group. In Sanford FL, the leadership that has stirred things up to get the aggrieved group the media attention and desired charges against Zimmerman could act to restrain the same group upon receiving the result of the process.

The why or why not will rest totally in the leadership group. It will be able to be predicted based upon the leadership's actions and words as the process moves forward. Wise actions and calming words will restrain all but the most hot-headed that want to act out. If the wise actions and calming words are not evident, then the larger group will not feel a sense of restraint, no matter the result.

Latest posts

Top Bottom