Mask Hysteria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had to make a trip to the Shawnee WM this evening to pick up my drugs and a few other things while I was there. I spent most of an hour there with no mask on and no one said a word about it.

They keep it so hot in there that my old fat ass would have passed out if I had a mask on. I barely made it as it was. I came out of there soaking wet.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Things that inform my view of this pandemic:

The tests have been shown to be of questionable accuracy, even if the majority are accurate.
The antibody tests have been shown to be of questionable accuracy
Even if you have antibodies, some studies/doctors say they can be gone in a few weeks, so it's basically meaningless
The reporting of deaths is questionable, with comorbidity, financial incentives, and other reasons to report deaths as due to covid when perhaps they're not.
Some people that test positive never get sick, and those that do may only have mild to moderate symptoms, so why are we afraid of that?
Other possible treatments, like Hydroxychloroquine and steroids, and their proponents, get hushed, removed from social media, and ridiculed.
There has been a mixed message from authorities in this country and around the world about the need for masks, lock downs, and social isolation.
The isolation restrictions are not applied in any logical way; protests ok, churches not ok, etc.

After considering all the above, I come away thinking:
Yes, there is a virus that can be fatal for a small section of the population.
The danger is way overblown and the need for masks and isolation is being exaggerated and used to create chaos, division, and stress in our country.

I feel the chance of me spreading the virus, if I should have it without symptoms, is extremely small.

Bottom line for me; I don't wear a mask unless I really need to go into a business that requires it.

Nothing personal, please don't take it as my lack of caring for you or anyone, I just don't think it's that big a deal, and I think those who fear me are sincere but misguided.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He won't keep his mouth shut. His opinion of you as an unreasonable and uncaring person was validated in his mind, instead of making him stop and think twice, he simply wrote you off and you actually reinforced any negative stereotype already in existence in his mind.

Just sayin'. I'm not saying I would be any better. But when we have interactions like that in this day and age, we need to not lie to ourselves and try to convince ourselves we 'converted' anybody. Any more than he 'converted' you.
I wasn’t trying to convert anyone. If he wants to wear a mask that’s fine with me. But he needs to mind his own business. I don’t know where you get I was trying to “convert” him. I didn’t lie to myself about anything. I got mad at what the guy did and said some things to him. My goal wasn’t to try and convince him of something. My goal was to let him know I ain’t just gonna take some random stranger harassing me. He had no right to do that. Especially when I’m in the middle of a good conversation with another man. I don’t care what that guy thinks of me. I was wrong for losing my temper and I have repented of it. End of story.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things that inform my view of this pandemic:

The tests have been shown to be of questionable accuracy, even if the majority are accurate.
The antibody tests have been shown to be of questionable accuracy
Even if you have antibodies, some studies/doctors say they can be gone in a few weeks, so it's basically meaningless
The reporting of deaths is questionable, with comorbidity, financial incentives, and other reasons to report deaths as due to covid when perhaps they're not.
Some people that test positive never get sick, and those that do may only have mild to moderate symptoms, so why are we afraid of that?
Other possible treatments, like Hydroxychloroquine and steroids, and their proponents, get hushed, removed from social media, and ridiculed.
There has been a mixed message from authorities in this country and around the world about the need for masks, lock downs, and social isolation.
The isolation restrictions are not applied in any logical way; protests ok, churches not ok, etc.

After considering all the above, I come away thinking:
Yes, there is a virus that can be fatal for a small section of the population.
The danger is way overblown and the need for masks and isolation is being exaggerated and used to create chaos, division, and stress in our country.

I feel the chance of me spreading the virus, if I should have it without symptoms, is extremely small.

Bottom line for me; I don't wear a mask unless I really need to go into a business that requires it.

Nothing personal, please don't take it as my lack of caring for you or anyone, I just don't think it's that big a deal, and I think those who fear me are sincere but misguided.
I couldnt have said it better

Latest posts

Top Bottom