Mathis Brothers question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Moore there is Silverleaf, they have or can get most of what Mathis Brothers has. It's a very cramped store though. They have pretty much the same price if not cheaper or will deal with you some. They did say that Mathis Brothers is able to lock out certain furniture colors/fabrics and models from other dealers, or atleast to them they are able to.

Also the best thing I found when I've been to Mathis Brothers is to take a right as you go in the front door and say you are just going to the cashier area if anyone asks. Then just walk past it and go wherever you want to in the store. Any of the roaming salesman you just say soandso is checking on a price for you and they'll leave you alone.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now that this thread is winding down, the gerbil thing would have never worked to begin with. There's just no way that it could have worked and it's important to say so. The gerbil would have suffocated up in there if he could have successfully
been deposited in the first place.
Let's debunk this kind of nonsense rather than running away from it. Part of being a family site is explaining the truth. The gerbil stuff is an urban legend. No rodents have been harmed in the
transmission of this message.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Factory Direct (just 1/4-1/2 west of Mathis Bros) is associated with Mathis Bros, but their salesmen are a little less aggressive and the prices aren't too bad either. My wife and I are buying a bedroom suite from them this weekend and when we were shopping around last weekend we overheard another salesman tell another customer that their financing goes through Mathis Brothers, so that's why I assume they're associated.

I didn't see where you were from, but if you're not familiar with the area, there's several furniture stores within a mile's radius of Mathis Bros. You could spend a good portion of your day just furniture store hopping.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a furniture shopper for 45 years and my brother is an upholsterer so here's some good info that will save you $$$ in the long run.

The oldest furniture store in Oklahoma CIty is Haggards Fine Furniture 3415 N May Ave.
Not to sound like I'm on the payroll there but you should really check out their Smith Bros line. I got tired of buying recliners that lasted months instead of years and bought a Smith Brothers chair in 2009. The back cushion can be unzipped so more filler can be added and the seat springs are a box spring like a mattress. Won't ever sag like the Lazyboy etc recliners. Only downside is that if you're a big person they don't make what I'd call a Big Mans chair. I've tried every brand of recliners and the one thing they have in common is that they're made to wear out in a few years. Smith Brothers furniture (an Amish company) is actually made to last.

Latest posts

Top Bottom