Maybe it’s a wake up for my pastor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As an aside, our fellowship's congregations returned en masse to live worship services this past Sunday. My wife and I, however, are going to continue to worship at home for a while ..... just to make sure. ("Greetings to Philemon and the church in his house.. V.2)

I had read (KTUL online?) about a recent spike in cases in Tulsa County. I also read in the same article that we had quadrupled our testing facilities. Maybe the spike was because of relaxing social encounters, or maybe because they simply broadened the test sample.

Nevertheless, "where two or three are gathered in my name......"

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like whole corn, this to shall pass! I've always believed that I don't have to congregate under a common roof to worship my Lord. The outdoors is my main church and I know He is always with me. This has caused a few heated discussions within the family unit but I always make the holidays and special programs the kids participate in.
Nothing grinds my gears worse than a preacher or priest that reads his sermon from pieces of paper verbatim. I do enjoy one who can walk down the isles and preach from his heart with no script to follow though.
My only advice is follow where He leads you. There has to be a reason for the way things happen.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, sounds like New Testament stuff now. I mean, ministering to lepers and such is one thing, but congregating during a flu pandemic, that's the stuff martyrs are made of.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A person has to carefully determine who is to be entrusted with the nurturing of their soul. There are a lot of wolves masquerading as shepherds.

Last edited:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an aside, our fellowship's congregations returned en masse to live worship services this past Sunday. My wife and I, however, are going to continue to worship at home for a while ..... just to make sure. ("Greetings to Philemon and the church in his house.. V.2)

I had read (KTUL online?) about a recent spike in cases in Tulsa County. I also read in the same article that we had quadrupled our testing facilities. Maybe the spike was because of relaxing social encounters, or maybe because they simply broadened the test sample.

Nevertheless, "where two or three are gathered in my name......"
I saw last weekend I believe that Whirlpool factory had an outbreak. I think that is part of the major jump in Tulsa last week.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I would go to my grandmothers house on weekends and take care of her I would buy her groceries and keep the house all fixed up and clean all her dishes.
My sisters and mother would go to church.
Never lifting a finger for my grandmother she was their grandmother also.

I installed a new garage door for her for a Christmas present. I could not get any of the family to go to her house and help.
They said they were going to church..I said I can do it any day..They still had excuses.

I asked them what would the Lord want you to do ??? Go to church and sit and hear the same stuff you have heard for 3 decades or go help someone an elderly someone that can't help herself??

I told them I do not need you to help with the door..Just bring some food for her, I told them I was making fried chicken and BBQ beans and potato salad and some greens.

They still never showed.
I did a mothers day flower garden and more home cooked food for my grandmother..The family I did get over there and in the end
I got *****ed at because I would not pay my family for the flowers they bought to stick into the garden.

I never said I would pay for them.
I got a really bad taste in my mouth for 90% of church goers.
I have been burned the worst by them.

When they quit gathering by the river I quit going.

I can see the OP point on the preacher boy I have been burned by 3 of them all mightier than though preachers.

Go help an elderly person.
Or a child or just some person down on their luck.

Right you are.

And whaddya kno’, the Good Book says the same thing:

If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27

ScottW

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
You did not state what the “another matter” is and if there has been similar discussions in the past. We should always examine our hearts and make sure our motives are based on love and not to sow discord among believers, Proverbs 6:19. Paul speaks on taking grievances outside the church in 1 Cor Chapter 6.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You did not state what the “another matter” is and if there has been similar discussions in the past. We should always examine our hearts and make sure our motives are based on love and not to sow discord among believers, Proverbs 6:19. Paul speaks on taking grievances outside the church in 1 Cor Chapter 6.

GM the other matter will remain just that. It is in no way related to what my post is about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom