Maybe it's time and this is a sign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
No, I'm 6'3" and weigh in over 300. At my age, ounces become pounds. By being a minimalist, and a cop for 34+ years, I just choose not to weigh myself down with a bunch of gear I can do without.

I work on a small college campus, in a small country town on the 11pm-7am shift. If you'll check your stats, almost all mass shootings happen during the daytime hours with a large amount of people present. Why? Because an active shooter has one goal in mind...body count. The more people he can shoot, the better.

However, as an assailant, he enjoys the thrill of the hunt and chase as well. That's why they travel from room to room, office to office, classroom to classroom, to find more potential victims. Pot shooting students while they sleep doesn't interest them.

If I worked during daytime hours, I would carry more weaponry and a larger sidearm, with a higher ammo capacity than what I do. But on my shift, the parking lots, offices and classrooms are all empty.
I'm not even going to unpack all that....... you do you man.... I just hope you don't need the extra ammunition or "gear you can do without" some day.......

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not even going to unpack all that....... you do you man.... I just hope you don't need the extra ammunition or "gear you can do without" some day.......

Are you a LEO? If so, how many years you been on the job? If you work in a big city agency, I can see needing all that gear.

If you're just an average Joe working in an office and all you're seen is bodycam videos, you have a lot to learn about police work.

Especially at my college. I've worked there for over 18 years and I've made a total of TWO arrests in that time.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you a LEO? If so, how many years you been on the job? If you work in a big city agency, I can see needing all that gear.

If you're just an average Joe working in an office and all you're seen is bodycam videos, you have a lot to learn about police work.

Especially at my college. I've worked there for over 18 years and I've made a total of TWO arrests in that time.
But, it could be a site of a terrorist attack and you need…. Haven’t you seen Die Hard? How are you going defend from ceramic glock 7s?

yippee ki-yay!

I don’t know how much stuff they are expecting you to carry.. guess we can get you a tactical radio flyer to pull around, in addition to loading up your trunk, etc.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, it could be a site of a terrorist attack and you need…. Haven’t you seen Die Hard? How are you going defend from ceramic glock 7s?

yippee ki-yay!

I don’t know how much stuff they are expecting you to carry.. guess we can get you a tactical radio flyer to pull around, in addition to loading up your trunk, etc.
1689962883830.png

But if it don't weigh at least 150 lbs, then 'ya need more gear 🤨

Last edited:

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

I've been cleet certified since 2003, worked in a big town and a small town in Oklahoma.....

After my last deployment to Iraq I can no longer pass the state pension physical......... and no I really don't feel like working for a booger eating Sheriff's office in Oklahoma for peanuts when the state of the country is like it is.

I've trained over 3k young men and women on the use of rifles and handguns.... and at one point was an instructor for the old school PR24........ I've served in the Infantry, on an anti terrorism task force, a designated marksman, as an instructor and rode a desk after getting injured.

I've taken the barking dog calls in the middle of the day and kicked in my share of doors and would not want to do any of it without the proper equipment.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been cleet certified since 2003, worked in a big town and a small town in Oklahoma.....

After my last deployment to Iraq I can no longer pass the state pension physical......... and no I really don't feel like working for a booger eating Sheriff's office in Oklahoma for peanuts when the state of the country is like it is.

I've trained over 3k young men and women on the use of rifles and handguns.... and at one point was an instructor for the old school PR24........ I've served in the Infantry, on an anti terrorism task force, a designated marksman, as an instructor and rode a desk after getting injured.

I've taken the barking dog calls in the middle of the day and kicked in my share of doors and would not want to do any of it without the proper equipment.

I thank you for providing the blanket of freedom that my family and I rest under. :bowdown:

I understand about packing the gear needed for the job. But community policing on a very rural two year community college is a wild comparison to a deployment to Afghanistan.

Again, I thank you for your service. :patriot:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I'm 6'3" and weigh in over 300. At my age, ounces become pounds. By being a minimalist, and a cop for 34+ years, I just choose not to weigh myself down with a bunch of gear I can do without.

I work on a small college campus, in a small country town on the 11pm-7am shift. If you'll check your stats, almost all mass shootings happen during the daytime hours with a large amount of people present. Why? Because an active shooter has one goal in mind...body count. The more people he can shoot, the better.

However, as an assailant, he enjoys the thrill of the hunt and chase as well. That's why they travel from room to room, office to office, classroom to classroom, to find more potential victims. Pot shooting students while they sleep doesn't interest them.

If I worked during daytime hours, I would carry more weaponry and a larger sidearm, with a higher ammo capacity than what I do. But on my shift, the parking lots, offices and classrooms are all empty.
Yeah, I policed a small town. Backup was an hour away if the other officer was gone out of town. I wore a bullet resistant girdle provided by that town. Even in the heat of 103 degree days, I wore that vest. I also had my 1911 45 and four magazines, a Colt Officer's Model in my boot, a boot knife in my other boot, two sets of cuffs, my Kel Light, a MiniMag light and a radio. I had four keepers, two of which had handcuff keys hidden in them. I also had a box of 50 more 45 rounds under the seat and another box in a bug out bag with more officer's sized mags and M1A mags. I just remembered I had cuff keys in my boots and every uniform shirt had a cuff key collar stay. Cheap insurance I say. I still have a cuff key in my retired ID wallet.

That was tough on a 31 inch waistline, Oh to be young again! I made the decision, I was going home at the end of my shift, PERIOD!

I had my M-1A instead of a shotgun. You should have seen the looks I got at roadblocks with that sitting on the hood with the bipod,

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I policed a small town. Backup was an hour away if the other officer was gone out of town. I wore a bullet resistant girdle provided by that town. Even in the heat of 103 degree days, I wore that vest. I also had my 1911 45 and four magazines, a Colt Officer's Model in my boot, a boot knife in my other boot, two sets of cuffs, my Kel Light, a MiniMag light and a radio. I had four keepers, two of which had handcuff keys hidden in them. I also had a box of 50 more 45 rounds under the seat and another box in a bug out bag with more officer's sized mags and M1A mags. I just remembered I had cuff keys in my boots and every uniform shirt had a cuff key collar stay. Cheap insurance I say. I still have a cuff key in my retired ID wallet.

That was tough on a 31 inch waistline, Oh to be young again! I made the decision, I was going home at the end of my shift, PERIOD!

I had my M-1A instead of a shotgun. You should have seen the looks I got at roadblocks with that sitting on the hood with the bipod,

Holy cow, Rambo! That's a lot of sheet!

Luckily, my campus is in the city limits and the hospital (God forbid!) is across the street.

Latest posts

Top Bottom