Mayweather is a punk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He should have been DQ'd except Joe Cortez is a Mayweather wh0re. He had not started the fight yet. He was looking over at the commission and had just asked the ringside officials if they were ready. He hadn't restarted the fight. Don't get me wrong, I hate all the hugs and kisses. In fact, I don't even like touching gloves. We are here to fight, not be friends. Still though, to sucker punch a guy who hasn't started boxing yet is cheap. Especially when you are supposed to be the best boxer in the world. Don't resort to a cheap shot.

incorrect. he brought the fighters from their corners, said "lets go" at :29 seconds, did the little hand motion to let the boxers know to resume fighting and turned ringside to have the clock continued. THE FIGHT WAS STARTED. if Ortiz did that in the UFC he probably would have left on a stretcher.

None of the Mayweather haters mention how he was headbutted and Ortiz even took a few more shots while Floyd was holding his mouth and the ref was trying break them up.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of the Mayweather haters mention how he was headbutted and Ortiz even took a few more shots while Floyd was holding his mouth and the ref was trying break them up.

because he was getting reprimanded for the head butt... isn't the ref who called "timeout" supposed to say "time in," "box"

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
because he was getting reprimanded for the head butt... isn't the ref who called "timeout" supposed to say "time in," "box"

Yes. Saying let's go and motioning them toward the center is not the same as restarting the fight. I suppose 95% of the fans who attended were Mayweather "haters" due to the overwhelming response of boos that occured after the KO.

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Saying let's go and motioning them toward the center is not the same as restarting the fight. I suppose 95% of the fans who attended were Mayweather "haters" due to the overwhelming response of boos that occured after the KO.

Your right it seemed like everyone at the fight thought it was chickensh*t, and they were booing Mayweather before he even came out. Nobody here thought thought the decision for Vargas in the earlier fight was right, since it looked like he was having trouble. But we have to remember it was put on by Mayweather Productions.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The very end of Elwood's video is why I don't watch boxing anymore. Mayweather was butted, it was obvious. What he did after the ref re-started the fight, I don't fault him for one bit, he was right the fight was on. He even said he would give him a rematch. But Mayweather is a punk. Always has been. And from the looks of it, always will be. Just another very gifted fighter that will be penniless and washed up when he's all done.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know....I was *teetering* on the edge of renting this one but at the last second I had a feeling I'd get burned again and passed on it.
Turns out I was right.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom