Michele Bachmann Undercuts Veterans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once again back to "we need cuts. We need to make the tough choices. just don't dream of touching the money for programs i agree with..."

There is a world of difference between entitlement programs that require zero sacrifice from the recipient and veterans benefits that were promised and given in return for services rendered.

If you don't see the difference, you cannot be reasoned with.

Cuts need to be made....start with the unearned entitlements first.

Random Gadfly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on your service you may feel different when you hit your 60s and things start catching up with you. You're right that changes need to be made. But as long as we ask the youth of this country to guard our interests we are duty bound to honor that service completely and entirely.

Yes I agree we are duty bound to honor their service. However there is a much bigger problem than us not fulfilling our debts to veterans. If we do not reduce our debt that we owe to other countries our best days are behind us, period. Our national debt is $14,088,373,837,471 as of the time I write this. If you spent $10,000 dollars a day it would take you over 200,000 years to spend 1,000,000,000,000. (one trillion)

This debt is going to rob the standard of living from my 5 year old daughters grandchildren. There are things in this world that are bigger than some entitlements, earned or not.

Now it is $14,088,383,844,803 http://www.usdebtclock.org/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without our military there may not be a country for your 5 year old daughters grandchildren to inhabit. Not in any sense of what we perceive it as now anyhow.

And if we don't take care of our military people, why should they help preserve our way of life?

Who's going to provide those veterans' benefits when this country goes bankrupt and can't afford to pay the bills anymore?

I'm not saying it's right to cut VA funding, but we do need to re-evaluate how our gov't does EVERYTHING. We need to streamline, to look into making things more efficient and spend our money more wisely in caring for our veterans (and everyone else).

Anyone who's ever worked in or with the union-type mentality at the V.A. knows that the waste and poor productivity within the organization is an even greater misuse of the funding appropriated to the VA than lending money to GM!

:scream:

Random Gadfly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without our military there may not be a country for your 5 year old daughters grandchildren to inhabit. Not in any sense of what we perceive it as now anyhow.

And if we don't take care of our military people, why should they help preserve our way of life?

I don't agree with your premise. A cut in spending is not abandoning them. A cut in spending is not going to make the whole military vanish.

Now it is $14,088,437,493,028. (That is $127,224 per Taxpayer!)

*Note to my daughters grandchildren, thanks for paying our bills. To bad we couldn't live within our means. I'm sure you don't mind.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree with your premise. A cut in spending is not abandoning them. A cut in spending is not going to make the whole military vanish.

Now it is $14,088,437,493,028.

*Note to my daughters grandchildren, thanks for paying our bills. To bad we couldn't live within our means. I'm sure you don't mind.

Note to my son's grandchildren -

"I'm sorry we ruined the greatest country in the history of mankind to feed our selfish egos and pander to every special interest group out there. You should have had a chance.

Sorry that now what you call 'American food' we used to call 'Chinese food'."

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Now it is $14,088,437,493,028. (That is $127,224 per Taxpayer!)

Your right pay the debt off and Pledge of Allegiance to another country because the young people see how their country treats the people they ask to defend them. There are so many programs that can be cut that hitting the veterans is not in the top 100. I'm for tighting the belts and living in my means, I do it everyday. Start at the top and work your way down. Polititions first, they prove they are willing to cut their saleries and all the pork barrel spending and then lets start with all the rest of the programs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot more areas that can be cut, like pork barrel projects, foreign aid, supporting the UN, and other. The money we spend on our veterans are but a drop in the bucket to the pork barrel projects alone,that just keep piling up year after year, not counting other areas of government that could be cut back first.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who's ever worked in or with the union-type mentality at the V.A. knows that the waste and poor productivity within the organization is an even greater misuse of the funding appropriated to the VA than lending money to GM!

:scream:

This!

Random Gadfly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are so many programs that can be cut that hitting the veterans is not in the top 100. I'm for tighting the belts and living in my means, I do it everyday. Start at the top and work your way down. Polititions first, they prove they are willing to cut their saleries and all the pork barrel spending and then lets start with all the rest of the programs.

Congresswoman Bachman is proposing $4.5 billion cut for veterans

"Cap increases in Department of Veterans Affairs health care spending, and reduce disability compensation to account for SS disability payments. Reduce Veterans’ Disability Compensation to account for Social Security Disability Insurance payments."

This one out of $400 Billion in cuts.

Linky to her PDF: http://bachmann.house.gov/UploadedF...l_Spending_Cuts_and_Estimated_Money_Saved.pdf

This is why I am not sure we will dig our selves out of this debt mess. People start hyperventilating when we have to start making adult decisions. They say "Don't cut my so in so payment".

Now where is my "Learn Mandarin Chinese in 14 trillion Easy Steps" book....

Latest posts

Top Bottom