Milsurp scope mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there anyone that makes a scope mount that doesn't really require a base or drilling and tapping? Maybe a compression mount of some kind that clamps on the rear sight base. The reason I'm asking is I would like to see what some of my old milsurps can do taking me out of the equation as much as possible. I don't want to permanently mod them, just take them to the range shoot a group or two and move the scope/mount to the next one. I'd prefer something that doesn't make metal-to-metal contact as to not mess up the finish on some of the nicer ones. Maybe it is just a pipe dream.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are few scout scope mounts for different rifles out there - that would be a good reversible mount.

I've heard that there are some Universal clamp on mounts out there just for what you want to do - but I never found them.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. With that lead I've now found a clamp on for a K-31, but nothing about a universal. Has anyone here used one? If so, where'd you get it and how'd it work?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you got a lot of money
B-Square make a large line of no drill & tap mounts.
at $50 - 80 each its a little high to do what you want probably.
they used to have a couple barrel clamp mounts that you could
put a pistol scope on. I think they are refered to as scout rifle mounts.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. With that lead I've now found a clamp on for a K-31, but nothing about a universal. Has anyone here used one? If so, where'd you get it and how'd it work?

You just need to start going to the Military Bolt Action matches - the guys are very helpful. Your iron sights technique will get better and better and you won't need to spend the money on the optics/mounts :thumbup3: I've started about a year ago and it's very addictive!

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would shy away from "universal" and stick with purpose-cut mounts for your particular action. I hear nothing but good things about the St. Marie clamp ons for the K31s, and I personally own a Darryl's scout mount for my M39. It's built to last.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would shy away from "universal" and stick with purpose-cut mounts for your particular action. I hear nothing but good things about the St. Marie clamp ons for the K31s, and I personally own a Darryl's scout mount for my M39. It's built to last.

+1 for the St. Marie mounts! They're great - well-made, simple, and effective. The only problem is that the scope is mounted slightly offset to the right so casings can be ejected straight up. Thus, you have to adjust the windage when you adjust the elevation. Otherwise, it's a great mount, and I love it on my K31.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I keep meaning to order one, but don't have any glass to stick on there yet. I also want to do the forend spacer thing to let the barrel flex, but haven't seen a good HOWTO with pictures on the net anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom