Minimum Wage - the fallout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd have to write it down to remember it for three weeks. Of course, then I'd have to remember that I wrote it down, and then I'd have to remember what I did with it. I could never hold a grudge.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved working security.. Its an important field. have you ever wondered what would happen if all security guards quit?? This is not a personal issue, I no longer do that. It is a reality issue. These people risk their life every day to protect your safety ands your money's safety. They often get shot or even die while on duty. Don't you think they deserve at least a livable wage?? Or would you like to outsource them too?

You're George Zimmerman in real life, aren't you?

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is the evidence? Many of you are making arguments that raising the minimum wage will do this, that, or the other...all negatively impacting the system all while doing nothing to help those making minimum wage. Talk is cheap. Where is your evidence?

Here's a reasonable example if you believe "hours of work" comparisons to be valid as regards "average" wages...
appliance-600x268.jpg

Data reveal that the average working American is better off today than in the 1950s, and ‘wage stagnation’ is a myth

And here's a comparison of "minimum" vs. "average" wages to help interpret the information above.
Minimum VS Average Wage Gap Map
Using data from our wage and tax calculator tool we have created a map showing the global gap between the minimum wage and average wage earner.

Of course, even the best economists can really only guess what would happen in the current economy - so those are more "opinion" than "evidence", but here's at least one projection as regards the Fast Food industry (since that seems to get so much attention).
[Broken External Image]
Higher Fast-Food Wages: Higher Fast-Food Prices

And another.
object.cato.org_sites_cato.org_files_images_hankeglobeapr2014_3sm.jpg

Let the Data Speak: The Truth Behind Minimum Wage Laws

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a reasonable example if you believe "hours of work" comparisons to be valid as regards "average" wages...
appliance-600x268.jpg

Data reveal that the average working American is better off today than in the 1950s, and ‘wage stagnation’ is a myth

And here's a comparison of "minimum" vs. "average" wages to help interpret the information above.
Minimum VS Average Wage Gap Map

Of course, even the best economists can really only guess what would happen in the current economy - so those are more "opinion" than "evidence", but here's at least one projection as regards the Fast Food industry (since that seems to get so much attention).
[Broken External Image]
Higher Fast-Food Wages: Higher Fast-Food Prices

And another.
object.cato.org_sites_cato.org_files_images_hankeglobeapr2014_3sm.jpg

Let the Data Speak: The Truth Behind Minimum Wage Laws

That chart forgot to account for smart phones, data plans, cable television and internet services. That's an extra $300 a month that a person needs to be paid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom