Minimum Wage - the fallout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, did you know how many tests and clearances we had to pass??? Valid guard license, Background check, DOT physical check, drug test, polygraph test, psych test!

You have no idea what you are talking about. You make me nauseous :(

LC is being sarcastic. FYI to you, newbie. He's one of us. Kind of.

Norinoo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, did you know how many tests and clearances we had to pass??? Valid guard license, Background check, DOT physical check, drug test, polygraph test, psych test!

You have no idea what you are talking about. You make me nauseous :(

Bow to your masters in suits and blame them. Then go look in the mirror and blame yourself. Voters choose immoral people to be their masters but they aren't free in spite of being permitted to choose who those masters will be.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People take the job bevause there is no alternative. With a CJ degree you either work LE or security.

Don't blame the workers. We pay armored truck guards $11/hour, Canada pays them $20.

Its disgraceful.
American dollars and Canadian dollars aren't 1:1 (ours are currently worth about $1.40 Canadian), and there are other differences as well.

Most jobs that I've seen lately state they want a degree. No mention of what the degree is in, just a degree. So a person with a degree doesn't necessarily have to stay within that field.

Coincidentally, my company will likely be hiring for sales soon (they are one company who frequently just wants "a degree"), so if think you might be interested at all PM me and I'll tell you more.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm not a person? by your standards? Since I did work as an armored car guard.. I am not a person? Holy cow...

*at loss of words*..

Maybe if you earned more money. If you'd been laid off from the oilfield, then people might have compassion for the loss of your 90K job. A lot of people here were upset to hear that people were less than sympathetic to the plight of the laid off oilfield crews. Exhibit A:

I'm also disappointed in hearing folks on this forum saying they are glad that somebody lost their job. Never thought I'd hear that.

So Xandria, oddly enough a similar group of people who were upset about the oilfield workers, reveled at the thought of McDonald's installing computer kiosks in order to fire the clerks who wanted to make more money.
So the message is clear enough. Savvy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom