Missouri Democrats proposing to confiscate guns and magazines!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The author & cosponsors are four urban St. Louis Dems. MO now has over a 2-1 Republican majority in each house of its legislature. I'd be surprised if this ridiculous bill even got a committee hearing.

For their sake I hope you are right. Because I watched the hearing and vote in Colorado the other day and it passed with flying colors. 7 democrats voting yes and 4 repubs voting no. All in spite of multiple explanations of it being unconstitutional and would not hold up in court when challenged. I'm tellin ya them dims just don't care...

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For their sake I hope you are right. Because I watched the hearing and vote in Colorado the other day and it passed with flying colors. 7 democrats voting yes and 4 repubs voting no. All in spite of multiple explanations of it being unconstitutional and would not hold up in court when challenged. I'm tellin ya them dims just don't care...

I seen this. I wonder if Magpul will leave Co now. I don't think there is any question anymore. Voting Democrat is voting anti 2nd Amend.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Actual 'gun control' bill is proposed in Missouri House Republicans give the bill 'no chance' of passing. They call it, in effect, 'meaningless.'

It has, according to Missouri lawmakers whom KY3 reached on Thursday, a less-than-remote chance of becoming law.

"The bill's sponsor has a better chance of being the next Pope," texted Rep. Eric Burlison, R - Springfield.

"Impossible. No way. It has no chance of passing either chamber," said Sen. Bob Dixon, R - Springfield.

"Not only will it never become law, it will never even get debated. It will never even get referred to a committee," said Hough. "Most bills at least get referred to committee. This won't."

Lawmakers say this bill goes so far that it does not have measurable support from hardly anyone in either party.

"The Seconnd Amendment has ardent supporters on both sides of the aisles," said Hough.

Lawmakers are concerned that the growing furor over HB 545, despite its lack of any chance of becoming law, would throw up a barrier of distraction in front of the real solutions being debated.

"Most lawmakers, and thankfully most constituents now, recognize that any focus on banning possession of weapons is missing the point of addressing the current problem," said Dixon, referring to the recent spate of public mass murders as well as the recent wave of gun-thusiasm.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Actual 'gun control' bill is proposed in Missouri House Republicans give the bill 'no chance' of passing. They call it, in effect, 'meaningless.'

It has, according to Missouri lawmakers whom KY3 reached on Thursday, a less-than-remote chance of becoming law.

"The bill's sponsor has a better chance of being the next Pope," texted Rep. Eric Burlison, R - Springfield.

"Impossible. No way. It has no chance of passing either chamber," said Sen. Bob Dixon, R - Springfield.

"Not only will it never become law, it will never even get debated. It will never even get referred to a committee," said Hough. "Most bills at least get referred to committee. This won't."

Lawmakers say this bill goes so far that it does not have measurable support from hardly anyone in either party.

"The Seconnd Amendment has ardent supporters on both sides of the aisles," said Hough.

Lawmakers are concerned that the growing furor over HB 545, despite its lack of any chance of becoming law, would throw up a barrier of distraction in front of the real solutions being debated.

"Most lawmakers, and thankfully most constituents now, recognize that any focus on banning possession of weapons is missing the point of addressing the current problem," said Dixon, referring to the recent spate of public mass murders as well as the recent wave of gun-thusiasm.

Now watch it get passed " accidentally".

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a born and bred Missouri farm boy, I am very disappointed in the fact that it has even been proposed, even though there is very little real chance of it passing.

What I do see is a state-by-state battle for gun rights which will circumvent the Constitution and by state legislation effectively making a Mason-Dixon line-ish not based on geography but based on state gun laws which will further divide the country in the long run. This will make like-minded people move to states like Oklahoma if they want to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

Does anyone else see this happening too?

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The author & cosponsors are four urban St. Louis Dems. MO now has over a 2-1 Republican majority in each house of its legislature. I'd be surprised if this ridiculous bill even got a committee hearing.

I was wondering when this comment would get posted. For anyone who is still worried about this bill as it pertains to Missouri....do a google search on the makeup of the MO legislature. It is OVERWHEMINGLY republican. What happened is that some moron in either Kansas City or St. Louis, probably representing da ghetto, decided to propose this bill as a way to pander to their base. Remember that any legislator can basically propose any bill at virtually any time. Some OK state house rep could introduce a bill tomorrow making it a felony to drive under a moonlit sky between the hours of 2:17am to 3:41am. That doesn't mean that anyone would take it seriously. or that it would even be seriously considered in committee. or that it would make it out of committee. or that it would be voted on in the one house. or that it would be voted on in the other house. Same goes for this bill.

Remember that MO also was proposing a bill to, IIRC, nullify federal gun laws/criminalize federal agents who enforce gun control laws and legislators were tripping all over each other in order to be co-sponsors to that legislation.

This thing doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom