Moore/newcastle tornado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I have been out the last two evenings helping with relief efforts. I know everyone wants to help and I encourage you to do so. However, now is not the time. Traffic in the area is making it all but impossible to get any work done. If you want to help immediately, do so via an organized organization like a local church, etc. My suggestion is to allow the cleanup and utility companies a few days to get roadways cleared and utilities back up. Hopefully the gawkers will be clear soon as well.

This effort is going to go on for weeks, at least. I would suggest holding off at least till Thursday on showing up in the area with supplies, helping hands or well wishes. The folks out east who got hit Sunday night will be all but forgotten after tonight but they still need your help as well. There has been an overwhelming response of law enforcement and firefighters from all over the state. At some point these folks will have to go home and serve their own communities again. It will be critical at this point that civilians step in and do their part. If I here of areas of need over the next couple of days, I will post them here.

I don't think the physical damage of this tornado is nearly as great as May 3rd but it is still catastrophic. Obviously the lives lost are even greater and more devastating given the number of children lost. I think the time of day and the shorter warning had much to do with this. Please keep the folks in the area in your prayers and don't forget about them when the news stations decide to move on. Make an effort to get involved somewhere somehow. There is plenty for everyone to do.

Well said!!!

Some photos you all might want to see if you have not already.

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/slid...-trail-carnage-left-in-wake-twisters/#slide=1

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone told me a while ago they were at 91 on the count.

Horrible.

We've had a couple of injuries here from car accidents... 2 separate incidents where people drove into the SAME tree in the road at least 2 hours apart. <sigh> Nothing major though, thank God.

I hear tomorrow night is shaping up to possibly be WORSE than tonite??? Damn. And I gotta work AGAIN.... <sigh>

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at 149th & May about 2 minutes after it went thru. We were able to clear all but one house/rubble pile. I saw some minor injuries, but no fatalities, unless they were in the one home we couldn't get any response from.

I dug an elderly couple and their 18 yo cat out of their inground garage shelter. They were without a scratch.

The livestock in the area was hit extremely hard. I'm a horse guy, and some of the things I saw this afternoon will stay with me until I take my last breath.

Found this this morning on NewsOk website.

Lady with Cat.jpg

It's my lady, with her cat.

If anyone happens to know this lady, please tell her she and her husband will be in my prayers.

Bless her heart.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent most of the day at what's left of my parents house... They rode it out in the bathroom. All fine thankfully. About to try and get back in the area to check on two injured dogs that we had to leave... One officer watched us load my dads weapons, and what weapons I had over there.... I kept reassuring him we weren't supplying a militia.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom