Big Tornado Year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only pattern I've seen is that they follow I-44 from SW Oklahoma right into the city. It's like a pathway for them. And that's not set in stone either, so I guess the only pattern is that there isn't a pattern at all. Ha!

Welcome to Oklahoma...
I have noticed that they tend to follow a SW to NE direction. I’ve heard from lots of folks that being nestled against the Wichita Mountains next to Lake Lawtonka they either swing east or west of us but I’m not buying it. 😉 it’s only about 1,200’ up. I figure they’re going to go where they’re going to go and as long as I do what I can to be prepared it’s all up to the Lord.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandparents, parents, and everyone I've grown up with never had a storm shelter except for a aunt's sister. If we were staying at my aunt's in wister ok, we would go to her sisters storm shelter several miles away.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okies ain't skeered of no stinkin' tornados....hell boy, we consider them things entertainment.

otor1.jpg

otor2.jpg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got an underground shelter. But I sure wish we lived close enough to town that we'd here the sirens go off. When the weather goes to chit, Like most, I tend to watch the news closely. Also have a nice Midland weather radio that sounds alerts and listen to that everynight before bed if the weather is out of the ordinary. But damn, no siren availability puts me on edge.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But damn, no siren availability puts me on edge.
If you're worried, turn on channel 6. If there's anything to it at all, they'll preempt programming for weather coverage. You can also get their app--if there's anything going, they'll be running a livestream.

Personally, I don't worry about it. Ain't a damn thing I can do about it, so I don't waste any thought on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom