Moore/newcastle tornado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont forget to keep praying for the people affected and the rescue workers trying to help them. Their job is fixing to get a lot more difficult. Looks like some pretty heavy thunderstorms are headed that way today.

Keep your head up guys.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The blue dots are the two schools that were destroyed in Moore. Briarwood Elementary on the lower left and Plaza Towers Elementary just to the northeast of it.

The black line is the approximate path of the tornado.

The red dot at the top is the location for J&K Bullet Casters.

The green dot at the bottom is the location for Mark's Firearms.

There is literally only 3 miles between them and the tornado split the difference... I don't know how wide the tornado was at that point, but if it had just slightly veered from it's path, it could have completely wiped out one of our OSA brothers complete business.

I texted Mitch and spoke with Mark are both ok with no apparent damage so they got very lucky indeed.

i40.tinypic.com_ifrk45.jpg

I live in the south side of the neighborhood just east of I-35 and the north side of the neighborhood is mostly destroyed. The south end is just covered in debris.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in the south side of the neighborhood just east of I-35 and the north side of the neighborhood is mostly destroyed. The south end is just covered in debris.

Like between Broadway and Howard? My old home was on Howard at 9th/8th. It looked to be a centered, direct hit. Have they cleared out all the survivors yet?

Lots of young families starting out in that neighborhood.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KFOR is now saying only 24 dead, 9 are children. How do you have such a drastic drop in deaths? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's way lower, but how do you release info that is that far off?

Cavagan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KFOR is now saying only 24 dead, 9 are children. How do you have such a drastic drop in deaths? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's way lower, but how do you release info that is that far off?

They said fatality numbers had been reported multiple times. Communication and information coming out of the affected areas was quite chaotic, I can easily see the ME's office getting reports from multiple sources regarding the same casualties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom