More Consequences of The "War On Drugs"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_In_OKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm reminded of this from Atlas Shrugged:

There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law abiding citizens? What’s there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted—and you create a nation of law-breakers—and then you cash in on guilt.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm reminded of this from Atlas Shrugged:

Sums America up rather nicely doesn't it.

Oh, But it's the land of the free!!!! No, it's the land of the free-er.

Earlier in the video they show how the drugs come in on one side of the highway and the money goes out on the other and the gross imbalance of traffic stops on the money side.

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on now, lets use some common sense. How many of you that travel with large sums of cash wrap it in plastic with coffee around it or grease to cover the smell and then take your gas tank off of your vehicle and store it in there? Or maybe create a false compartment, like building a false floor in a pick up bed where you can hide drugs and money? What is the intent when this stuff is done? One out of a thousand may have good intentions but the rest if for the narcotics trade. For the one that has good intentions, then notify the officer when he asks, dont lie, tell him exactly where it is and what your intent is.

Now as far as officers work the money side and not the dope side, well when you confiscate the dope your get maybe one or two people out of the vehicle and maybe the vehicle. 99 % of the time its not their dope, they are being paid to haul it. So your not actually getting the dope dealer, your getting the low level mule. On that note, when you get their money then you can follow the proper state guidelines to file for forfeiture and use the money for other good things. Each state varies as to its laws on forfeiture too.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on now, lets use some common sense. How many of you that travel with large sums of cash wrap it in plastic with coffee around it or grease to cover the smell and then take your gas tank off of your vehicle and store it in there? Or maybe create a false compartment, like building a false floor in a pick up bed where you can hide drugs and money? What is the intent when this stuff is done? One out of a thousand may have good intentions but the rest if for the narcotics trade. For the one that has good intentions, then notify the officer when he asks, dont lie, tell him exactly where it is and what your intent is.

Now as far as officers work the money side and not the dope side, well when you confiscate the dope your get maybe one or two people out of the vehicle and maybe the vehicle. 99 % of the time its not their dope, they are being paid to haul it. So your not actually getting the dope dealer, your getting the low level mule. On that note, when you get their money then you can follow the proper state guidelines to file for forfeiture and use the money for other good things. Each state varies as to its laws on forfeiture too.

The video in the OP is pretty interesting. You should watch it.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't like the idea of the government telling me what I can put in my body. When has Cannabis ever killed anyone? The war on drugs is the biggest waste of time ever for so many reasons, but its just the principal of using law to turn a harmless plant into something evil thats absolutly ridiculous. I'm all for drug legalization then the people who have problems can get help and become productive members of society instead of going to jail and becoming criminals because of their disease. The war on drugs is plentiful in propaganda but lacking in common sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom