More primers coming…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Praying....primer glut...... 3 cent primers......
Keep your fingers crossed. Got an email from Brownells a couple days ago, they got some primers in and they are "allowing" them to go for $165 a brick, I don't know about anybody else but I sure am sick and tired of this greed and profiteering.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just can’t believe manufacturing hasn’t been able to catch up for 2 years now! Primers have been scarce for way too long.. .it definitely taught me a lesson though. Next time I’ll stock up better.

Back pre-2020 I never kept more than a few hundred large rifle primers on hand. At the time I didn’t shoot much large rifle and I could always stroll into gene sears and buy some. I have since become more into shooting the large rifle stuff and really regretted my decision not to keep more on hand.

If primers ever become fully stocked and readily available again I will keep a minimum of 1k of each variety on hand

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is a Flat bet semi truck driver and hauls copper from mines and other things.
He told me that no drilling order that Biden passed or some kind of order like that
included some other literature that stated USA can't sell or use use any mineral to the US unless it 90% pure or something to that order.

So that copper that is mined at one place can't be shipped to a foundry in the US to get purified and made into other things.

It goes straight to Mexico and once there we get to purchase it back from them because Mexico is not in the USA.
Since it is bought from a Foreign place we can use it no matter the purity.

A big WTF!! when he told me that.
He said he got his information straight from the Mining companies he hauls from.
He said lots trucks going in and out of Mexico with stuff we mined.

What kind of hokey crap is that.
I think that is a HUGE part of out ammo and component prices going up and the slow train to get them.

I will ask him more next time I see him.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If primers ever become fully stocked and readily available again I will keep a minimum of 1k of each variety on hand
Back before the pandemic I always maintained a min of 5k of primers i didnt use much of and a 10k of those i used the most of and never placed a order for less than 20k at a time when i had the funds for them am currently sitting on over 60k of mixed primers and have cut my shooting way back to conserve what i have til things get better.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is a Flat bet semi truck driver and hauls copper from mines and other things.
He told me that no drilling order that Biden passed or some kind of order like that
included some other literature that stated USA can't sell or use use any mineral to the US unless it 90% pure or something to that order.

So that copper that is mined at one place can't be shipped to a foundry in the US to get purified and made into other things.

It goes straight to Mexico and once there we get to purchase it back from them because Mexico is not in the USA.
Since it is bought from a Foreign place we can use it no matter the purity.

A big WTF!! when he told me that.
He said he got his information straight from the Mining companies he hauls from.
He said lots trucks going in and out of Mexico with stuff we mined.

What kind of hokey crap is that.
I think that is a HUGE part of out ammo and component prices going up and the slow train to get them.

I will ask him more next time I see him.

I can guess why. Same bs as electric cars. Like a magic card trick. It is pollution being redistributed to meet the green peoples EPA’s carbon emission BS rules. They get to say we don’t produce any pollution and meet some Government BS mandate.

Just like the Electric cars. They can say that they don’t produce any carbon emissions. The catch is just the process of making one EV battery for an electric car produces more carbon emissions than the entire life of a gas auto. That and it is still recharged at an electric station that uses coal to power it.

The reality is, it doesn’t makes sense. It’s just a way of controlling us through BS liberal logic. The masses of sheep that fall for this is mind blowing

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suckers, they ain’t building a primer factory to bring prices down, they’re building it because at todays prices they’re more profitable
To make

Nothing wrong with making a profit and having more choices. The price of everything is up. Through availability of supply, demand and competition, things tend to price back down. We’ve gone through this many times. Ups and downs of firearm related things is like the 4 seasons. Ones of late in the last decade have been Obamanation, Sandy hook, 2016 election, BLM riots, Covid, 2020 elections, Beijing Biden.

These massive fluctuations due to politics, we have to thank for cheep AR rifles. There didn’t used to be much competition and it was an expensive platform. Now mini 14s are the expensive rifles. The exact opposite of how it used to be. The min14 was cheeper than an AR by almost half. If everybody was making mini 14s they probably get cheap again. But now we have $400 n up ARs and $900 minis.

So if it’s profitable for somebody to make primers, so be it. Competition has a way of bringing the price down. Expensive now cheaper later. Then a democrat opens their mouths and things change again.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with making a profit and having more choices. The price of everything is up. Through availability of supply, demand and competition, things tend to price back down. We’ve gone through this many times. Ups and downs of firearm related things is like the 4 seasons. Ones of late in the last decade have been Obamanation, Sandy hook, 2016 election, BLM riots, Covid, 2020 elections, Beijing Biden.

These massive fluctuations due to politics, we have to thank for cheep AR rifles. There didn’t used to be much competition and it was an expensive platform. Now mini 14s are the expensive rifles. The exact opposite of how it used to be. The min14 was cheeper than an AR by almost half. If everybody was making mini 14s they probably get cheap again. But now we have $400 n up ARs and $900 minis.

So if it’s profitable for somebody to make primers, so be it. Competition has a way of bringing the price down. Expensive now cheaper later. Then a democrat opens their mouths and things change again.
That’s how it USED to work. Now it’s all “F” the consumers everywhere in every way possible. Without lube

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s how it USED to work. Now it’s all “F” the consumers everywhere in every way possible. Without lube
Tisk tisk. Pessimism my fellow OSA member. Going through life, looking at the glass half empty isn’t a good way to look at life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom