Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At my Logan County farm we have found em by the sackfuls the last two years under cedar trees surrounding a pond in sandy soil. We only find them in the cedars around the pond, although the place has a ton of cedar trees.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up eating the red mushrooms. My mother always called them beef steaks. I never knew there could be a problem until computers came along and I started reading about them. Haven't ate one since. I know lots of people that eat them and don't have a problem. I'd just as soon wait on the morels. The red ones do seem to come up earlier which would be a plus for those willing to give them a try. As far as the morels, my ole Momma always called them Dry Land Fish..I was probably out of high school before I knew the proper name. Very very tasty. Probably my favorite way to fix them (other than deep fried) is to saute them in butter and then make gravy over them...Probably the best gravy I will ever eat.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Was reading another forum, where a guy in south central OK found a few this morning, for what it's worth, going to be a while up here yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom