Mossberg 500/590 Ghost Ring Sights front sight replacement blade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have adjusted my rear sight and the shotgun still shoots extremely high at 50 and 100 yds. Does anyone make a different size front sight blade that will bring the POI down? I don't know much about shotguns, so I need so help on this.
Thanks

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skinner sights makes front sight replacement blades, their sourdough looks nice to me. Meprolight is making a tritium front for the 590, I'm gonna put one on mine.

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went throught the exact same thing with my Remington 870 defensive shotgun.

It came factory equipped with a ghost ring placing slugs 18 inches high with no adjustment left. I'd like to know what did Remington thought I was paying the extra money on the sights FOR if not precise shooting with slugs! Now, I had on hand a very tall XS Sights brand front blade with a white stripe up the center of it and some XS plastic test posts left over from a .30-30 rifle project. I set the rear sight to the middle of it's adjustment range (this is important) and installed a plastic test post up front. The next step was to shoot it with slugs and shorten the test post until it was grouping the slugs within a few inches of my point of aim. Then I filed the front blade down to match the height of the test post, touched it up and installed it. Good to go.

It did help that the sights on the 870 are made by XS but I will bet they have a front blade that will fit your mosbergs dovetail they are mostly standard anyway. Google XS sight systems and call them on the phone, a front blade and a couple test posts couldn't cost too much.

Good luck, I happen to think decent sights on a defensive shotgun are worth the trouble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom