Mossberg 590A1: Before/after Cerakote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently, I picked up a police return Mossberg 590A1 from J&G Sales; this shotgun showed obvious signs of use, with numerous scratches in the finish and on the stock set. The shotgun functioned just fine though, and after a range session, I decided it was a keeper and would get a Cerakote treatment. Some inquiries made here turned up Whiskeysnoot as an applicator, and after viewing some of his work, I had him apply Blue Titanium to the receiver, barrel, and magazine tube, and Graphite Black to the small parts. When I first saw the results, I was taken aback by how blue the shotgun was - it's definitely more blue than some of the pictures on Cerakote's web site - but the more I look at it, the more I like it. Whiskeysnoot did a great job with the Cerakote, and his attention to detail was much appreciated :thumb: My next task is to take care of the scratches in the Speed Feed stock; I've received tips on the use of sandpaper and steel wool for this purpose, which I'll try soon.

Without further ado, here are some pics. The second "after" pic showing the left-hand side is the most accurate, color-wise.

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_Misc_590A1_Before_After_Rt_zpsa08f6425.jpg

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_Misc_590A1_Before_After_Lf_zps1896e80b.jpg

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_Misc_590A1_Before_After_CU_zps1967f6fa.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That's nice!

I also would have been ok with leaving it the way it was. I like guns with some honest wear and character.

Latest posts

Top Bottom