Most comfortable dress shoes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ecco, Rockport, Clarkes, and Dunham's are the best 'dressy' work shoes. The best casual type shoe are Ariat hiking boots.

I've been a retail warrior for over 40 years in small, medium, and big box stores. I've had lots of experience with shoes, and the above are my winners. (I had an 8 hour shift last week that included 24k+ steps.)

Target also has some plantar insoles called Air Soles that are amazing! They have a soft heel and a stiff arch that somehow transforms how a shoe feels.

Best of luck in your search and the new job!
Thanks! Appreciate that.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have bilateral flat feet, bone-on-bone of the ankles (osteoarthritis) and have been looking for comfortable shoes for decades and haven't found them. Have you tried arch supports? If you haven't, you need to get some because being on your feet for those hours eventually will take it's toll and you'll have fallen arches. It's preventative sometimes and arch supports help.
I hope you find some shoes that are comfortable, I've seen some on the internet that appear to be comfortable and say that they are but are they really? These are the ones I've bene checking out: tomanys.com

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're the manager, see if you can put those anti fatigue mats in any spots where you'll have a chance to stand for a few minutes.. probably the closest thing to a "break" you'll get between running around the place. Your employees will also appreciate it.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're the manager, see if you can put those anti fatigue mats in any spots where you'll have a chance to stand for a few minutes.. probably the closest thing to a "break" you'll get between running around the place. Your employees will also appreciate it.
I am and that’s a really good idea..I know a good spot to run some of those.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Light and comfortable.

1668308385881.png

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after going to MSW on memorial and penn and looking at several different shoes I ended up going for what is likely the ugliest pair of shoes I’ve ever owned, Hoka SR Bondi’s. I was awfully close to picking up the Ecco’s. These are really more “walking sneakers” than dress shoes but they were really comfortable right off the bat, have a non slip sole and were recommended by two different salespeople in the store. Wore them today, felt great.
Appreciate all the suggestions!

Attachments

• 5AFF6CF2-1E9F-4EF0-8FF2-3169C17CACB9.jpeg
    5AFF6CF2-1E9F-4EF0-8FF2-3169C17CACB9.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom