Most excruciating pain I've ever experienced...so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an old man, and thought I had experienced pain, I got an eye infected after cataract surgery! About the forth day after this surgery, I woke up and couldn't see out of my left eye. I looked in the mirror, with my good eye, and the other eye looked terrible, blood red, all over! The doctor took me right in, looked it over and said, be right back! I should have known something was up when the two HUGE sumo-wrestlers came in, and pined my arms, and got me in a head lock!!! That could be a slight exaggeration, but they did have a guy hold my head, while the doctor stuck a needle through my lower eye lid, and into my eye ball!! ( it POPPED when it went through the eye ball) he said this will hurt a little, that was also an exaggeration!! I thought I was going to mess my pants! That was to get a sample of the fluid, to determine what infection I had. He then did it again, to deaden the eyeball. Then he did it again to inject an antibiotic!! When the guy slacked off on the head lock, we all three got up off the floor, and I made a hasty retreat! I guess this was very serious, he said I would be lucky not to lose my eye ball!! I had to go back every day, for a while to be checked! It turned out pretty good, I guess, I'm as cock eyed as Jack Elam, have to wear special glasses with a bunch of prism to try and straiten the eye out, but I can still see OK. My sister in law had the very same thing happen about 6 months later, she had a stoke while doing this treatement, for real!! I don't know if this is getting more common, or not?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My top 3 pain experiences:
Kidney stones - 1200 miles from home
Gout - right toe
Epitheial basement membrane dystrophy - right eye then left eye 3 years later.

Ranking them would be tough. All have been managed and not recurred except the gout toe give me a twinge every now and then, but not nearly as bad as the original occurrence.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My top 3 pain experiences:
Kidney stones - 1200 miles from home
Gout - right toe
Epitheial basement membrane dystrophy - right eye then left eye 3 years later.

Ranking them would be tough. All have been managed and not recurred except the gout toe give me a twinge every now and then, but not nearly as bad as the original occurrence.

It's funny, but I've had gout in my big toe so many times, I can feel it when it first flares up and I can deal with it. It hurts like hell, but NOTHING like this ankle.

Yeow!!! :scream:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife gets gout sometimes and takes tart cherry powder and juice. Good luck Evan!!

Drink lots of water!!

I always drink almost a gallon of water everyday. During the summer, I drink more than a gallon.

Sodie pop (especially Sonic cherry coke) is my enemy. I L-O-V-E that stuff. I haven’t had one since Sunday. I weigh myself every Monday morning. I weighed myself today, and I lost 10 pounds since Monday.

Just by not drinking pop. :brick:

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's funny, but I've had gout in my big toe so many times, I can feel it when it first flares up and I can deal with it. It hurts like hell, but NOTHING like this ankle.

Yeow!!! :scream:
Many years ago. I had both ankles flared up and saw a Dr. I think they didnt understand the pain I was in and didnt give me any pain meds. No cortisone and wouldnt help me back to my truck. I ended up face planting in the lobby and voiced my happiness very loudly. Dr took me a little more serious directly after. That night was the only time ive taken a full pain pill

Latest posts

Top Bottom