Mounting a scope on a Marlin 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woolworh

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Bushnell 4x12x50 scope that I want to mount to a Marlin 60. I just want to how I would go about doing it. Does it need to be drilled and taped for a scope mount? Thanks for any help.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not looked at a Marlin 60 in a long time... are there 2 long grooves cut into the top of the receiver? Scope rings that fit those grooves are common as mud... just about every 22 semi auto on the planet is cut like that for scope mounting

Naybor

New to the site!
Reaction score
The Model 60 is grooved for a .22 style scope.

I bought rings at Wally World 25 years ago and they have worked fine on my Model 60 thru the years.

Make sure you get the ones with a 1" tube instead of 7/8".

That Bushnell scope should be wonderful!

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy Burris rings, be sure and get the Signature Series rings that use the Nylon inserts. These "inserts" allow for the scope to remain optically centered, while the inserts are used to center the scope. At 50 yards, just by using the various insert sets, the scope can be adjusted to within an inch or less before you ever have to touch the scopes windage and elevation adjustments....

D&T

Latest posts

Top Bottom