Movie Red Tails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hacker, I can't tell you how jealous I am, and not just because of the P-51. Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of flying an Eagle. Couple years back I finally got to see one strut it's stuff at the Airshow in Enid. They said it was the last year for the F-15 demo teams, since it is being replaced. Most memorable aviation related experience for me, as much as I love the old war birds and just the thought of what men did in them can make me tear up, when that F-15 did it's knife edge pass around the crowd.... wow. Can't imagine what it would be like to strap into one.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The F-15 might be the most dominant air superiority fighter. ever.

...until:

i43.tinypic.com_qy8l5w.jpg

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As cool as the F15 is, for some reason I would just love to take a few low level, full out passes in a T-38. What a missile! I occasionally watch the F16s take off from TIA, and every so often a T-38 or two will come in from Enid. Watching the 16s take off, then watching one of these little darts take off - man they're fast! They make the F16 look slow. And yeah, I'm also jealous of the Mustang ride.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, guys...didn't mean to unleash any jealousy!

I have been very privileged to have the opportunity to do some very cool things with Uncle Sam's toys. I've also been honored to go into hostile territory on the country's behalf, and help save the lives of our guys on the ground when they desperately needed it.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v450_Hacker15E_osw_02_small.jpg

Back to the thread, nothing I've done can hold a candle to what the subjects of the Red Tails movie went through to earn the right to fight for their country, and what they did in combat. My hat's off in salute to those guys, the REAL heroes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom